PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Speedrails

BERTRAM BOY
06-13-2001, 08:33 PM
So... I got my boat on it's brand new Continental tandem trailer(Thank's Madpoodle), and I notice while I'm doing some fine tuning to the bunks, that one of my Speedrails has been pulled away and slightly bent.
The question is, can anyone tell me if they really do anything significant(when I bought the boat, they were already installed), or should I just take them off and plug the holes?
BERTRAM BOY

BigGrizzly
06-14-2001, 12:38 AM
I have them on my Corsican. I took the front ones off, because they mad it ride too hard at speeds under 58 mph. tje stern ones make grip better in turns and tracks better after high speed landings when the boat hits a diagonal wake as you know you were there at Stanford. That trip would have veen a little worse if the stern railes wern't there. Both Gene and I Agree that we didn't gain any speed. One of his fell off and he was going to take the others off as they peel off. I'm looking for a set for the Criterion, For the stern only. I need short ones but will take the long ones if I can find a set. Volvo usa doesn't have them anymore. BB if you can get the front onrs off and don't damage then too much I would be interested. The Criterian is a handfull over 75, and they mite help. Ihave no intention of taking them off the stern of the 18 as they make it stable at speed. What you experienced was as bad as it ever gets.

Randy