PDA

View Full Version : Arneson or Kamma ???

Gary S.
11-04-2003, 05:52 PM
What are the pro's and con's of each and are they specific as to rotation ??? I mean are there right and left hand rotation drives or does it not matter ? Also whats the expert thoughts on using a right hand rotation engine and drive combo with port side helm and does power steering help over come the prop torque there will be a lot, the engine for the Hornet is done, a 489 big block Chevy that dynoed 572 H.P.,,,,I guess she will run huh ??? The drive, transmission, color, and seats are all thats left now. The stringers, transom, deck work, and 70 gal. baffled tank and done,,,wow what a lot of work to get this far...

olredalert
11-04-2003, 07:39 PM
-----Where are you doing your boating,Gary?You have an interesting project going there.Inquiring minds need pictures,however.Which deck style?Are you shooting for next summer?.........Bill S

Gary S.
11-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Red,It's the 1974,,,,,,300 dollar hornet in the registry,,,,,,,,the starting pic's are there,,the rest will follow when she is done. Gary

GEOO
11-05-2003, 05:54 AM
Arneson's are still being made. Easy to get parts and/or have people work on them if needed. The largest world wide net work of dealer and parts of any surface drive.

Cuda
11-05-2003, 06:28 AM
Archer Marine carries the parts for Kaama drives. I think you can get everything except the housing itself. I saw four brand new Kaamas on ebay a couple weeks ago.