PDA

View Full Version : Miss-Q 16 Donzi

MOP
08-27-2002, 08:46 PM
Just got back from the St. Lawrence Poker Run! Was super glad to see a 16 named Miss-Q running. Guy was doing darn good, reason being they slowed the boys down this year. But I am extremely sad to say two 40ish big bad boys swerved and did a sandwich act on him and damn near sunk him. I would have been very easy to give him some room as the channel was very wide, sure would have liked to have gotten the names of the 2 Big Heros! Again I was super happy to see a 16 out there giving it a try!

Extreme Measures
08-27-2002, 09:03 PM
Mop Sorry we did not get a chance to see you and the boys this weekend.The run was great to watch,we ran with them for a while but my wife had to go to work so we left early on Saturday.If you come back up this way in the near future let us know so we can get together.
Extreme Measures

MOP
08-27-2002, 09:17 PM
Sorry to say I will not be back up till next year some time in august. We had a crowd on the deck boat and lots of Zima's so spirits were HIGH! We did not got close enough to Gan to stop by. Did get to see alot of the St. Lawrence Fairy Land, one of the most beautiful places on the face of the Earth! My next big trip will be to get things going on the house in Costa Rica in Jan or Feb. I hope to be the first Donzi on lake Arenal.

Formula Jr
08-28-2002, 12:36 AM
MOP you are absolutely right. I've seen this alot, where the big dogs forget and when those two wakes meet it can be one hell of a ride as this type of wave form is completely unexpected.

I did something kinda of stupid this year. I was circling in on someone we were running with while he was stopped. All the wakes converged right in the center where he was and it made for a rough ride for him......... tossd them around pretty good......

boxy
08-28-2002, 10:34 AM
MOP, if you saw a 16 almost get swamped by a couple of fast running 40 footers, he got exactly what he deserved. There wasn't a 16 running in the poker run, the only 2 Donzi's, to my knowledge, were the ZR from Typhoon Marine, and Frank C's 26 ZX.
The biggest problem this run has are the guys who want to get in the middle of a pack of boats running 70+ MPH to try and keep up.
Are you sure it wasn't a FourWinns U-17, I spotted one of those just before Georgestadt Island.

Extreme Measures
08-28-2002, 03:59 PM
Boxy I think that you are right with the u-17 four winns boat getting soaked.The only other Donzi that I saw was mine.Looks good on the U-17 getting soaked he should not be anywhere near the boats when they are running in the poker run it could be very very dangerious.Alot of boaters don't realize how tricky the waters can get.
:rolleyes: Extreme Measures :rolleyes:

MOP
08-28-2002, 04:09 PM
Nope boat was a 16 Donzi white red stripe, got pictures being developed. Two different times morning and during run. I agree and disagree with the running in the midst of things, sportsmanship is still sportsmanship. We had eight people aboard all said they went out of the way to drown this guy. We were sitting about 30 feet inside the bouy where they all had to bear left, all but those two cranked in hard on the bouy they ran about 100 feet out. Hopefully the photos will show things more clearly.