PDA

View Full Version : Getting a windshield?

Kikwear
10-31-2003, 12:05 PM
I currently have the grab bar and I was wondering how I would go about getting an OEM windshield instead.

mattyboy
10-31-2003, 01:16 PM
eek! why???? wink :D
is it a 2+2 or 3+1 seating?? think the windshield would make the "jump" seat in a 3+1 even more uncomfortable
another thing to take into account is will it fit around the existing grab rail or will it need to be modified remember it is a wraparound weenie bar?? you might want to search I think Mike Miller had a windshield on his 16 that looked ok.

I let the windshield guys fill ya in on where to get it

Matty
weenie bar please

Rootsy
10-31-2003, 02:54 PM
matty.. i think we need to perform an exorcism... eek! eek!

mattyboy
10-31-2003, 02:59 PM
you mean a HALLOWWEENIE BAR :p :D

Matty

Ranman
11-03-2003, 10:14 AM
Maybe he's planning on keeping his seat cushions from blowing out of the boat. eek!

slick
11-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Its all about looks(no function) so you could have your cake and it eat to. Buy a nice pair of goggles for the 16' and buy a 22' classic with a windshield. :D I can't be monogamous :D biggrin. Customer Service at Donzi is always a help. :)

mattyboy
11-03-2003, 11:50 AM
Hey wait a minute Randy wink I have not had my seats blow out of the boat, a few bandannas off my head and base ball caps yes, oh and that time the bag with the registration and my "lil suckers flew out at lk George but no seats wink :D

Matty :D

Ranman
11-03-2003, 12:12 PM
Apparently you're not in the 70MPH club. :p :D Ask Root what happens to the back seats in his 16 at 75+.

After riding with Root at 75 or better and then in my boat at 72 or so, I realized there is more protection from the w/s than I thought. The windshield does not protect your face, but there IS a difference. Your hands, wrists, arms and chest are not subject to the high pressure stream of wind whipping on you. You just get flapping cheeks.

Honestly, I'm starting to like the sensation of the "naked" boats (did I say that?). You feel like you're going so much faster with that straight on shot of wind, but it does take it's toll on you.

Lastly, I think that the windshield doesn't bother me because I'm so tall. My face is higher up and actually gets a clean stream of air which is fine for me. I've noticed if I slouch down a bit at high speed, my face will get into the turbulent whippy wind coming off the shear of the windshield. I can see that if you are a shorter driver, this could be really annoying, but since I'm so tall and handsome, it's a non-issue. :p

Rootsy
11-03-2003, 12:39 PM
Thanks Ranman....

#17 on the 16 Classic winter To-Do list.. velcro on back of seat cushions... :rolleyes:

BUT! they stayed in just fine at nearly 78 saturday! eek! guess grinding aluminum really DID help wink

Root - just call me shorty...

mattyboy
11-03-2003, 01:40 PM
nope I'm not a member :( but I've hit 85 on the trailer and the seats still have not blown out wink :p :D
in a 16 Randy you have to watch out for the bugs and small birds, my son got a big dragon fly to the head one day at 55 he keeps his mouth shut now!!! wink :D

we'll turn you to the wind side yet Randy!
Matty

Bob
11-05-2003, 05:35 PM
Check out the Donzi 18 windshield on ebay.

mattyboy
11-05-2003, 06:25 PM
here's the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50443&item=2441176345

Matty