PDA

View Full Version : MONZI & the DONZI

Gritz
08-26-2002, 10:05 PM
Since I can't seem to get a response on a "performance topic" I thought I'd just post some of the other stuff :) MONZI & the DONZI, enjoy as I did:

http://www.donzi.net/photos/whyde11.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/whyde12.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/whyde13.jpg[

Not a bad way to endure a Monday.

Stan

harbormaster
08-26-2002, 10:09 PM
Spectacular!

ToonaFish
08-26-2002, 10:18 PM
A seriously beautiful day in your neighborhood!

Welcome aboard, by the way!

Bunches,

Celene 'over the border'

Gritz
08-26-2002, 10:27 PM
Toona,
Yes the sunset was quite spectacular by Alabama standards (those Winnypooh guys seem to get all the good shots but how do they get all the other boats outta the way to get them) :) ?
That's the other bridge by the way.

Stan

ToonaFish
08-26-2002, 10:40 PM
Grits (sorry, keep thinking of "Girl, raised in the South"), those Winni guys have been known, gasp, to artificially enhance their surroundings. But they would have a tough time taking an ugly photo of their big ole swimming hole.

Now where do you boat? Too calm for Guntersville, too flat for most of Northern Ally... and do you need directions to Eufala?!?!?

Gritz
08-26-2002, 11:01 PM
Toona,
I sent you a shot of what you find when "we'll cross that bridge when we get to it". Now, does that tell you anything significant? :) Eufala, yeh I known where it is, how to get there and in fact have been there. Alais, the Z25 is drystored and has no trailer. Sounds fun tho, maybe next year.
Stan

Gritz
08-26-2002, 11:09 PM
Toona,
Yeh the "girl raised in the south" will do as well. :)
But:
here we're talking "Grits" as in "The Grits" or in this particular case the "GritZ" as in Donzi GritZ with a capitol ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/whyde04.jpg
Stan

ToonaFish
08-27-2002, 12:35 AM
Decadence, Alabama! Lovely shopping for worn out stuff, dining guaranteed to tempt the finicky... your basic, perfect port. There's a lot more of the Tennessee that I want to boat... lucky you for being right there!

Tomahawk
08-27-2002, 05:59 AM
What are you guys talking about? Hey, welcome to the Board Gritz. However, it seems that Emmo is the only guy in Alabama that can make it to a Donzi event in your own state. Maybe you can help Emmo bolster the ranks over there.
Toona, that avatar simply doesn't do you justice. It just isn't you girl. :) We will see you on Friday with a cold beer! Cell me along the way with your progress 770 654 8939.

Digger
08-27-2002, 12:29 PM
GREAT shots Gritz, thx

HyperDonzi
08-27-2002, 04:01 PM
they look relaxing, i like the first and the third.

Gritz
08-27-2002, 09:47 PM
Tom,
On the what are ya'll talkin about?
Well it seems that Toona was wondering where the pics were made.
I just thought the fact Toona has a picture on her website that was made about 5 miles downstream to be a funny coincidence.
By the way, have fun in Eufala. Wish I could be there, but have plans on the Tennessee for the weekend.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/whyde06.jpg

Stan

ToonaFish
08-28-2002, 12:34 AM
Lots of bridges to cross on the way to Decatur!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/chowardbridge.jpg

It's a fantastic trip - put in at Nickajack in Chattanooga, nice relaxed ride down to Decatur, fabulous dining in the old downtown area, stay up late with the lounge lizards at the Holiday Inn, then awaken to find your boat sinking under the weight of millions of May (or is it June?) Flies! I'd really love to take a few weeks and explore all the way to Kentucky Lake... one of those, "when I'm retired and have a Donzi with a cuddy" things...

Tom, got your cell tatooed where I won't forget it... haven't run a fever in two days, have no skin left under my nose, have yet to pack a thing (or is it thong?), and am just about out of my mind with excitement! I'll need way more than a cold one when I get there... perhaps we can fire up a few engines to get the party started?

Bunches,

Celene 'thinking of ways to make nice to the Poodle to restore a ride on my favorite Tiffany color boat...'

boldts
08-28-2002, 09:50 PM
Toona - we arrive around 4 or 5 on friday, I see no reason not to fire up the engines! I have a prop or two to try anyways. You also mean to tell me while I'm visiting Chatanooga on the way down I could do a little boating there? Red Dog didn't mention that. May have to load him and Donzi Deb in the Classic and do a dinner cruise before hitting Clarksville for the night. This trip is getting better every minute.
One bad note that I got today.... :( My wife Beth and daughter Allison are not going to be able to come with me. Beth got called into work and unlike me, she couldn't tell them we've been planning this trip for months and reservations are made.
Anyone still sitting on the fence and looking to maybe join the fun, have a room with an extra bed and a seat in a 22 Classic if your interested!

ToonaFish
08-28-2002, 11:03 PM
Oh man, what a bummer! I was so looking forward to meeting the Boldt girls!

You are staying in Clarkesville, GA? In the way North East mountains? You really are a traveling guy!

boldts
08-29-2002, 05:40 AM
Huhhhh I hope I'm not staying in some distant mountain town. Supposed to be just 3 mi. off of I-75..... Time to do has Todd Somerville in TX would say ROADTRIP!!!

Tomahawk
08-29-2002, 06:27 AM
He means Cartersville, GA. At least that's where his room reservation is!

Tomahawk
08-29-2002, 06:36 AM
Hey Toona Girl and Gritz - those are great shots and reminds me of the time we stopped at Nickajack Lake, launched our fish boat and went to Chattanooga and back. Really nice ride. Maybe a Donzi adventure for this fall! Gritz -sorry you can't join us this weekend. Celene -see ya tomorrow night- cold one in hand. :cool:

Gritz
08-29-2002, 09:33 AM
Tom,
The Tennessee is indeed a great river for boating, fishing and scenery. Although I live in the flatlands, it's only 10 miles to the hills upstream or down.
Speaking of Chattonooga, might be a good central location for a Donzi do.
Joe Wheeler Resort (Alabama State Park, with marina, lodge, golf, and great water), just above Wheeler Dam would be even better (for me anyway). They have been hosts to drag boat racing, antique wooden boat shows, etc.
September and October are usually the best months of the year for boating our lake and for some reason most people give it up after Labor day weekend. Makes it that much better for the rest of us though. :)

Stan
http://donzi.net/photos/whyde02.jpg

ToonaFish
08-29-2002, 11:16 PM
It would be a great place for Donzis to play - but I'll warn you that mornings on the river can be quite cold! October seems to be a popular time for folks from around here to make the trip - see the leaves and get one last big adventure before winterizing. With lake levels on Allatoona so low already, it just makes sense to call it an early end to the season. :(

Oh, and just as a "wouldn't it be wierd", the gas pump in the photo wouldn't happen to be at the marina across from the neat house that sticks out into the river, would it? Spent forever there waiting for them to open on a Sunday morning!