PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Shift Knob Impressions

Kirk
10-28-2003, 12:43 PM
Fellow Donzi Folks:

I just wanted to give you all my impression on the shift knob that I just got from both Scott P. & Cliff W.

"They have great knobs"

All the kidding aside my impression is FIRST RATE MATERIAL AND WORKMANSHIP. Both Scott & Cliff did a fantastic job on matching the knobs to an orginal...yes Cliff had to destroy his to understand how Donzi made the knobs. Then they improved on the materials so you all will end up with a better than new Knob.

They even took it one step further and included a jamb nut so you dont lose the knob. Additioanlly, they even took the extra time to wet sand betwwen coats and also added a UV inhibator to the will stand the test of time.

Awsome job again guys...dont wait to purchase yours..do it now!!

Just my .02

KJ

p.s they would make a great stocking stuffer

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
10-28-2003, 02:00 PM
Now they need to sell shifter knob covers to protect the knobs from the elements and from rubbing against the tonneau covers!
How about those leather ones you get from the pet supply catalogs, the ones you slip over your dog's paws to protect them from thorns.
They're also good for keeping the dog's claws from scratching the gelcoat.
I just want to see the salesman's face when you tell him you want to order five covers! :D

Lookin' out.
FR :p

Ralph Savarese
10-28-2003, 04:46 PM
Shifter Knob Condoms To protect your Knob!

Scott Pearson
10-28-2003, 05:12 PM
Kirk,
Glad to hear you happy with our knob :D . LOL....I guess we do need covers for them...they came out to good :D .

Shipped some out yesterday...hope they are as happy with them as you. Its great to hear possitive feedback!

Thanks!
(NJ)Scott

Kirk
10-28-2003, 06:48 PM
Guys...funny thing was I was wondering as I installed and stepped back to check it out how was I to keep the knob from getting worn from the tonneau...suggest as your next adventure a cover for these little gems.

Cliff mentioned that the lion/dolphin would be original given my year Donzi...so, I guess I will have to take another just to shut Cliff up...the guy is always spend'in my cash. Good friends are always hard to find.

Everyone else will have to pony up quick and purchase your knobs as I need stock in stores here.

If I can help in anyway let me know!!

Thanks,

KJ

HyperDonzi
10-28-2003, 06:57 PM
Will those fit car shifters?

Ed Donnelly
10-29-2003, 02:45 AM
Postal money order sent today.My first christmas gift for my wife(starting early this year).Sure hope she likes it. Will keep it on the Criterion for safe keeping for her..Ed

JWCall
10-30-2003, 07:13 PM
I received my shift knob yesterday and after seeing the posts on protecting the knobs from the cover, I came up with an idea. I went to Target and bought some infant socks, they fit on the sfifter ball great and come in a variety of colors. For 3.99 I got a six pack with all the colors.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/im000174.jpg

Scott Pearson
10-31-2003, 04:58 AM
You guys are killing me with these covers for the knobs....... :D :D .

(NJ)Scott

Kirk
10-31-2003, 06:50 AM
The ultimate questions...will the presence of a knob cover be part of judging at future events.

Enquiring minds would like to know.....

KJ

mattyboy
10-31-2003, 11:20 AM
Reading this post I thought I was reading a thread on the safe sex board, with all this talk of wrapping and protecting one's knob eek! :p wink :D
bet you guys have circles worn into your wallets too!!!!! :p eek! :rolleyes: :D

Matty
wrap that rascal

BERTRAM BOY
10-31-2003, 01:46 PM
You guys have issues!!!!!!!

Tommy, different makes and models of cars have different threads, some are also Metric.
Our threads are 3/8-24. Just get a nut of the same size, and see if it fits.

BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

mattyboy
10-31-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by BertramBoy:

Just get a nut of the same size, and see if it fits.

nuts, knobs,knob protectors, yeah right we have issues :p wink eek! :D

Matty

Kirk
10-31-2003, 02:08 PM
Cliff,

And you guys thought that you were so through....

KJ

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
10-31-2003, 03:23 PM
JWCall:
I went to Target and bought some infant socks, they fit on the sfifter ball great and come in a variety of colors. For 3.99 I got a six pack with all the colors.
Great idea! Make sure they're 100% cotton, though, as the cotton/poly blend can leave microscopic scratches which will dull the surface shine over time!

:D :D (Oh, brother...) :rolleyes:

FR :p

Scott Pearson
10-31-2003, 05:12 PM
A Dull knob you do not want.......... eek! eek!

(NJ)Scott