PDA

View Full Version : ? re: Volvo Prop # Cross Referencing

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
10-26-2003, 09:28 AM
Does anyone know where I can find info to cross-reference the Volvo PNs with the "OLD" Michigan PNs? I'd even settle for a resource for the old Michigan numbering scheme that gives pitch and diameter.

Thanks,
FR :p

Tony
10-26-2003, 06:41 PM
Yes, I've got it all but my old scanner is not yet cooperating with my new computer. Do you have a particular number you want me to look up? Or, shoot me an e-mail with your mailing address and I will send you a copy of all that I have.

Anybody else...same deal, shoot me an e-mail. Volvo part numbers cross-referenced on a Michigan Wheel "Installation Instruction Sheet", pictures and descriptions of short hub, long hub, prop cones, spacers, etc. Even a diagram comparing the exact length of a standard shaft to a long shaft.

Tony
sporer@core.com

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
10-27-2003, 02:19 PM
Thanks, Tony.

The props in question are: Michigan SMC546, and Michigan PR232. What are their pitch and diameter and do they fit the Volvo 270? (they look like they do)

FR :p

Tony
10-27-2003, 08:53 PM
Wouldn't 'ya know it...but those prop numbers are in none of my literature. I'll still send you what I have if you want.

Craig
10-28-2003, 06:50 AM
I've got an old Michigan Wheel catalog that, of course, has their numbers. I think it's a typical kind of prop chart that shows their (Michigan Wheel's) prop numbers and what they fit (Merc, OMC, Volvo (Volvo, at that time meant AQ 270, 280 ,etc. drives - actually, I think it even mentions Eaton drives) , various outboards, etc.). It's a nice old catalog - gives hp vs boat length recommendations for prop dia. and pitch.

It also has some stainless steel prop numbers for SS Michigan props for Volvo. Just a few. Of course those are no longer made (or everyone here would have one, right?!)

I'll look for it.

Craig
10-30-2003, 06:12 AM
Forgot to do this the other day!

Anyhow, found my Michigan Wheel catalog. It's from 1985 and it DOES have Volvo #'s to cross over.

Just scanned the one page with Volvo (and, yep, Eaton drive info.).

If anyones interested later, it has the same info. for Merc., OMC, etc. as well as outboards.

Note the 27" Volvo prop. I had one of those. Lost it!

Hey FRBB - Looks like the PR232 is there (see below). A 14x19 LH rotation for 200,250,270,280...

Was wondering if the other one might be the wrong number on the e-bay post because there are numbers close to it. Maybe a number on the prop was scratched and he posted his best guess.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/CZimmermann609.jpg