PDA

View Full Version : old folks on donzi

fasttrucker
08-24-2002, 09:52 PM
taking mom+dad out tomorow,they are 75 dad is in bad shape and barely can walk.he used to take me out on the new river in ft. lauderdale fl when i was a baby.bought me my first john boat,then a old wooden mohogany runabout,then a 16ft bansi.then a 18ft "donzi like"s-18,north american.well they are visiting from fl so i asked him if hes up to driving 70mph in the donzi i hope they dont start yellin billyyy slooow downnn! wink

RH
08-24-2002, 11:36 PM
Get them out there tomorrow! I just had my parents out on the Hornet this past week for their first ride in the Donzi. They were all smiles, My dad is 75 and my mother is 73. Stopped by their dock and they came down for a ride. Then when I got them in the boat they were complaining that they left their cocktails on the deck! We had alot of laughs and good memories of the "Donzi" that was on our lake in the early 70's. Out in the middle of Iowa pops a yellow 18 2+3 and into our neighbors lift in 1970. That was big nuts on our small lake. The P's loved the sound of that boat, even at 2am.
Carry your father out to your boat!
RH

fasttrucker
08-25-2002, 07:50 PM
we got to the dock and they didnt want to go.i guess hes worried about falling, :rolleyes: they stayed at the marina.mom loved watching the boats.we went out for a quick run met a cig. performance boat and had a nice run together,cool! :cool:

Donzified
08-25-2002, 08:00 PM
Sometime you have to do it,but it was sure nice to have the option.