PDA

View Full Version : E bay 16 with E drive!

CDMA
10-24-2003, 12:58 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31270&item=2439317854

MOP
10-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Nice find Chris! One of the guys hopefully will be the lucky bidder.

Phil

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
10-24-2003, 02:49 PM
Why would a boat with port-side steering use RH props???

FR :p

olredalert
10-24-2003, 03:33 PM
Mario,

------Buy this boat and syphon off the good stuff.That unit would look real good on your Corsican.Then put the 18 together for wifey!!!!!........Bill S

mattyboy
10-24-2003, 03:53 PM
OK, as a purist the volvo 270 is not original on that boat wink :D it was not available til the 70's hehehehehe but it still looks like a nice project for some one,

edrive ahhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! wink

Poodle just so happens I have a LH 16, maybe we can work this out you hide my 16 in Miamuh and I'll hide your 22 in Greenwood Lake wink :p :D

the girls won't know a thing

Matty

Forrest
10-24-2003, 04:00 PM
Yea, Merc spine and looks like he has a Merc chopper prop still on it - those only came in RH. Also looks like he needed to use a little heat to get it apart, but that shouldn't affect it.

Wonder what the reserve is . . .

boldts
10-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Wouldn't the drive rotation be still controled by the upper placement of the shift linkage? The lower still goes into reverse doesn't it if turning right currently? So, flip the linkage and now you have a lefty with a E-Drive. I'm sure someone would build a lefty prop for ya, but might cost some big dollars.

I too feel the reason for the right hand prop is the availability of prop types in that configuaration. Lower may have come from a 270T, but the drive upper is not a T. The hole on the right of the inside transome assembly is for the electric drive lift for trailering. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that lower may also bolt up to a Volvo 250? Nice parts find!

oldLenny
10-25-2003, 02:49 PM
What scares me is you don't sand through red gel-coat and find a white boat underneath, you find glass. This is apparent all over the bow and deck (foredeck) it looks as if the coring has failed on the deck, hence the "depression" as it runs out to the sheer where it meets the hull again. There, the area, all looks, " bondo'd"..
I have seen this exact same scenario, the depression of the deck due to a failed core. wink actually, I can look at this "occurance" about 20' from me as I type.

No biggy, but why this is not going "cheap" kind of miffs me...

Danny
10-31-2003, 06:23 PM
Well someone bought this boat today. If that person is here and interested in selling the e-drive I am interested in it along with a variety of other people here. If I had been smart probably should have bought the boat and kept the e-drive and and resold the boat. Ah hindsight is 20/20.
Danny

JWCall
11-08-2003, 10:41 AM
This boat was just relisted on ebay.
The auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31270&item=2441951092)