PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota/Florida Crew Help

CDMA
10-23-2003, 07:59 PM
I know I have been quiet lately but school has kept me busy. I was out in San Francisco for a week at the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers and now I am back to finish the last half of my senior year. The real work this year is coming from a complete ship design as well as my thesis ( The development of a prismatic planning series with and without steps. Then analyzing results vs. similar tests as well as computer code.)

This winter, as in previous winters, I have another two month internship. I was looking into doing something different from previous winters but after some good conversations with Donzi Marine I will be returning there for another internship this January and February. I am now starting the housing search and am looking for any leads anyone has. Last winter I lived in St. Pete and while I had a great time I think I would prefer to be a little closer to the plant.

So if anyone in the area knows of any place to contact or anything available please let me know. I am pretty flexible in terms of what I am looking for. A studio apartment, a regular apartment, a room, or maybe even a real inexpensive house are all possibilities. I don't need a lot to live in for 2 months. I just wanted to throw this up there and if anyone knows of anything please let me know.

Chris

And I thought the containership was bad...thesis looks worse... :( Thats ok, sunny Florida here we come :)

MOP
10-23-2003, 09:28 PM
Hope you are dragging down one of you toys, everyone needs a break!

Digger
10-24-2003, 04:55 AM
good luck down there CDMA, I hope it all works out the way you want it to.

regards housing. take a boat down, buy a blue tarp, and unroll a fart sack in the cockpit. voila. home.

smokediver
10-24-2003, 05:05 AM
i think i have a spare room in naples.. let me know ..

WOT-sup
11-08-2003, 01:50 PM
Chris,
Just called a friend that owns an efficiency near downtown SRQ, but it recently rented. Too bad, it is about :10 minutes from the Factory.

I'll keep an eye out though.

Brad

GeneD
11-13-2003, 04:43 PM
Chris,
I've got your back, little buddy.
Call or write. I've got the perfect place for you.
Gene 727-544-1617
PS: I'll be out of town starting tonight at around midnight to attend the APBA World Championships in Orange Beach, Alabama.
I won't be back until Monday night.

GeneD
11-19-2003, 05:55 PM
Okay, I'm back from the Worlds.
It was okay, just okay. Nothing really earth shattering to report. By now, everyone knows how Team Donzi placed. Tell you what though, for the time they were in it, they had the whole field by about a half a lap. Not bad considering the laps were almost 10 miles. I can't remember the exact length, but it was long.
Chris, haven't heard from you ole buddy. The place I have in mind for you is about 5 minutes from the factory. It's a big room in a big house with your own entrance and bathroom. Fully furnished and ready to go. You'd be staying with the girl I was with at Steve's memorial service, Maria of RaceGirl Photography.
Get back to me big fella!

Steve Sinclair
11-19-2003, 09:56 PM
Chris, your not going to find a better deal than that, better jump on that big fella!

GeneD
11-22-2003, 08:02 AM
Doesn't anyone know where this kid is?

Dalelama
11-22-2003, 06:39 PM
Why does Michael Jackson come to mind?

Walt. H.
11-23-2003, 01:31 AM
Dale,

"Ouch"
I met the other Scott once back in June of this year at the Lake George "Spring Dust Off" and only his hair is kinky! :D :p :D

Walt, :)

MOP
11-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Tis close to Christmass! I bet the lads are sleeping tight and have vissions of D boats dancing in thier heads wink