PDA

View Full Version : Paging Budman...

AMAROK
10-23-2003, 04:26 PM
Hey Budman,
I saw in one of your previous posts that you used to work at the Donzi Factory in the late 80's. Do you remember the boat below? (1987 23FC(Fish Cuddy)) I worked for a dealer in the late 80's and someone there told me that this boat was basically a Z25 hull without the swim platform (~23ft). It is a very solid boat and has large bulkheads every 2 feet or so. It is very stiff and rides great, especially at high speeds. I measured the V to be ~22 degrees.

It has an open fiberglass cockpit so it is great for fishing and piling in people. The seating is inadequate for high speeds though. It holds 105 gallons of fuel, so the range is great.

Mine is white/grey, but I have seen them with red, blue, and yellow hulls. Most had 260hp but I saw one with a V6. Mine is the 260hp and I saw 51.8 on the GPS so far with fumes in the tank, one person, and a strong tailwind. I was spinning a Laser II 21P at 4,300rpm. More pics are in the registry if you have a chance to look.

I would be interested in knowing if they ever put a 350 magnum or a big block in this boat. With the small block, there is little freeboard in the stern. So, I am afraid that a couple hundred more pounds might make the freeboard too low for offshore. I would also love to know what kind of top speed you saw when the boats were new.

I thank you in advance for any feedback!!!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/ppranzo08.jpg

Fish boy
10-25-2003, 07:14 PM
Amarok,
Budman has been out of town so the best bet might be to try to email him directly bstaples@ptm.com

You are right, it is the z25 hull without the swim platform. I think you might notice the similarities between your boat and mine in the pic below as well.

Fish

AMAROK
10-27-2003, 09:01 AM
Hi Fish,

Thank you for the feedback. I'll try to email Budman.

I remember the pictures that you posted last winter of a beautiful day on the water in Fla. We were buried under snow up here and it was a great pick me up.

Your boat is sweet! I love the color combo!

:D :D

Amarok