PDA

View Full Version : Windshield for '90 22 Classic

NoTime
10-23-2003, 08:18 AM
The '90 Classic I just bought came without the windshield. I have all of the SS pieces, but the plexi is all gone. Does anyone know the dimensions of the plexi pieces? :confused: I want to get new pieces fab'd in Lexan. Donzi tells me that they use a different design on the newer 22's and I will have to remount and fill holes if I upgrade. They haven't been helpful for getting the original dimensions. :mad:

terry
10-23-2003, 08:30 AM
Donzi was owned by a different company back then,
unfrotunatly the records were not passed on to the present owners.
I suggest you do this, its what I had to do.
mount the frame back on the boat the correct way,
then make a template out of thin door skin and make it fit them frame perfectly. Then cut your plexi or lexan from your template. Yes its some work but its the ONLY way you'll get it done.

NoTime
10-23-2003, 06:18 PM
Thanks Ted, That was my backup approach. Glad to see that someone has had success. :)

NoTime
11-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Got all the windshield frame pieces out and held them up to see how difficult the cutting of the windshield will be. That's going to be the easy part. Turns out I'm missing some pieces of the frame, and the windshield top frame piece is bent out of shape. :mad: :mad: I think I can get the missing corner angle fabricated at a machine shop :rolleyes: , but the missing top rail corner piece will be more difficult :confused: (starboard side corner pieces are OK, port corner pieces missing). Anybody know of any '90 vintage windshield frame pieces laying around?