PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Regazza 25 ?

ashjosh
10-21-2003, 09:39 AM
For those who know the boat there is a small step down from the main deck to the cudy before you step in, this step down has a small drain on the starboard side closed to the rear side of the boat, I notice some wet spot inside the cudy floor and removed the step and found that the drain hose is lose and not connect it to anything, I also found by mistake the pump for the sink & tramson shower (i will look at it later). The question is, Does anybody knows were this hose is connect it to? I cannot see anything that will look like a place to connect it to

AMAROK
10-21-2003, 09:48 PM
Hi, I have a fish cuddy model donzi that has a similar layout. In mine, there was a black hose that was connected to the drain in the step, but it wasn't connected on the other end; it was simply slipped into a hole in the floor, draining into the bilge. If you feel around a bit, you should find the hole in the carpet.

ashjosh
10-22-2003, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the info, thats exactly how it looks like, a short piece 3/4 quater inch hose about 8 to 10 inches long just hanging over the floor area under the step. My problem is that that area is not draining well to the bilge properly, I think is clog, I ran a cable thru it from the engine compartment and some dirt came out and start it to drain slowly maybe some air pocket. I think the bait well between the helm and the passenger seat area drains to the same line because this one works when water gets in. I just got an estimate for the repairs fo the floor at $600.00 for a new cross member, subfloor and gelcoat with some sand for grip matching the grey color interior. I think is a good price, What you think?

Thanks,
JM

AMAROK
10-23-2003, 02:55 PM
Hi again,

I have to admit that I have not had any structural work done, so I am not sure if it is a good price. If you decide to do it, you should probably get some references and check out their work. Gel coat work needs to be finessed and I have seen some scarey stuff. Hope this helps!!

ashjosh
10-24-2003, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the advice, I will try to check around, but this guy since to be the only one that was more realistic that others that I called. I think I will have to go with him, besides his the only one with a mobile unit willing to do it in front on my house boat on the trailer. I price the repairs my self and came up with around $200.00 in material, and If I do it I am not sure the final result, I think is worth it, I was thinking of a quick fix but that will not be fare if I sell the boat later, I rather do it the right way. Thanks for the advice and I'll try to get some pics of b/4 and after.