PDA

View Full Version : 1998 38 ZX Cracking in Deck

BrokenDonzi
09-14-2000, 11:46 PM
I have a 1998 38 ZX that is cracking all over the cockpit area and down the deck. I contacted Donzi and they said cracks are not covered, I am concerned that my boat will crack in half. I contacted upper management who explained that the structural warranty will again not cover my problem. The president will not return my calls. I spent a great deal of money on this boat. What should I do?

RickSE
09-15-2000, 09:55 AM
This doesn't sound right, your dealer should be supporting you and be able to get Donzi to fix the problem. Donzi is known for backing up their boats better than any other manufacturer. Did you buy the boat new and if so have you contacted your dealer? The cracks are probably only in the gel coat and are not structural. Also, sometimes there are lines in the gel coat from the mold that look like cracks but are not. I'm sure you know what you’re seeing though.

You NEED dealer support, it REALLY helps. If you didn't buy the boat from a dealer then try to find one that is willing to help you. They WILL LISTEN to the dealer, especially if they push hard enough. Donzi's motto this year is "DEALER CARE" "taking care of the dealers", not that they're ignoring the end customers. I know from experience that dealer support is the key to warranty issues. I also know that Donzi will cover cosmetic issues under warranty. My family owns a dealership in the Southwest and Donzi has covered warranty issues for us that they probably would not have covered if the customers had called it in themselves. I’ll say it again, get dealer support if one won’t help than find another that will, and give them all your future business.

I'll forward this to my dad and see if he has any other advice. Unfortunately we're probably to far away to help.

[This message has been edited by RickS (edited 09-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by RickS (edited 09-15-2000).]