PDA

View Full Version : I'm back...

seano
09-12-2000, 11:23 AM
from vaca...in case anyone was wonderin...I took the ole 28SS to Block Island and Newport(from Riverhead, NY). What a trip! It was great running, made it from Newport to Montauk in less than 40 minutes(3400rpm/52mph)! Nice riding too in the open ocean! The trip out to Block was a little rougher, so I gained a new found respect for those who race offshore!

I encountered no mechanical difficulties on the trip, but a couple days prior, I did have a strange problem. The carbon "button" in the distributor cap(that the rotor comes in contact with) disintegrated into a fine dust and took out the ignition sensor in the distributor(must have shorted out)...needless to say, that was fun to troubleshoot! and I replace the cap on the other engine while I was at it! Any of you guys seen this before??

Other than that, it was a great week...a sort of last horahhh.

PaulO, How'd you make out with that propeller situation...you wann try my 24 Bravo1?

I aint gonna make to to the run on the south shore http://www.donzi.net/ubb/frown.gif but I will be makin some events next year for sure...you guys should have a blast---and make sure you all give that Velocity a good spankin!

PaulO
09-12-2000, 01:16 PM
Seano,
Sounds like a great trip. Been to Block Island from here in Amity Harbor with the other boat (34 Silverton Convertible). Hope to do another trip next year to Newport. Maybe we can meet. As far as the prop goes, unfortunately, I don't think I have the HP to spin it. I am currently spinning a 23 Vengeance to 5000. Thanks for the offer though. If I find some more HP I will take you up on it.
PaulO

Gearhead99
09-12-2000, 09:15 PM
Yes, have seen the button burn up. On late model, with distributors, GMs I have seen the rotor burned completly through. Many times, very common. And yes it probably did take the module out too.

Sounds like a great run. What year is your Cigarette??

seano
09-12-2000, 10:10 PM
Paulo,

We'll definitely have to get together next summer...It is a great ride!

Gear,

The boat is a 75 and I've got to get the photos up on ThunderboatAlley soon, I just had some goosd ones taken, so hopefully this week...talk to you soon.