PDA

View Full Version : Speed vs. Mystique

EricG
09-04-2000, 10:27 PM
I spent this last week on a very beautiful lake in Eastern Washington and had a couple of very rewarding Donzi Experiences.

First, Speed. My 88 Z21 is not a fast boat. I get low fiftys (I get fifty nine on the speedo) But, when I was running last night and along came this very nice Cobalt trying to race me, I decided to see what would happen. I slowly notched the throttle a click at a time trying not to let him by. When he was almost even with me, I put it all the way forward and waited for the inevitable.....but instead of passing me, he backed off and turned around. I have no doubt that he could have passed me, but since I have the "mystique", and of course, rather obnoxious exhaust, I think he figured I had a hell of a lot more than I really did.

Second, mystique. This the second Labor Day I have spent on Lake Chelan, and apparently this is when every Go Fast in the Northwest goes over there, because they were all over!! I know I don't stand a chance with them speed wise, but every single one that I cruised by gave me the thumbs up and waved their approval, which I think means a lot coming from a 42 Fountain, etc. I don't think I would get that in any other boat (except a classic, of course.....)

Overall a great week in the Donzi. I ran $300 worth of gas through it, and it never missed a beat.

EG

[This message has been edited by EricG (edited 09-04-2000).]

harbormaster
09-05-2000, 06:09 AM
Seeing as you ran the crap out of your boat all weekend, will you be discounting your sale price? http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

EricG
09-05-2000, 10:38 AM
That's the other Eric with the Red Z21 for sale - Mine's Yellow. And although I do really want a Z29 - It'll have to wait a year or two....

EG