PDA

View Full Version : A special note about windshields

FonziDonzi
09-04-2000, 02:20 AM
As I was reading thru some posts today, I kept noticing everyones reference to the lack of windshields on Donzi's (nagging wifes, lol glad im still single). Anyways, it reminded me of the great times we shared on the boat, and a story I wanted to share with you, something that happens at least twice a year on the lake. When dad gets behind the helm of his X18, he usually wears a hat out on those sunny days on the lake. How smart is that?? When the wind would start to throw a good chop, his hat of course would inevitably end up in the water. Most of the time, he would catch it before it would fly off, and throw it down at the floor in disgust, and immediately slam the throttle down as far and as fast as he could. Thats when I knew we had something special, when that boat just leaped out of the water after getting airborne off a huge wake, and we blasted clear across the lake like no other boat does. It brings a smile to my face just thinking about it. Anyways, just wanted to share a great memory of boating, im sure we're not the only 1s grinning ear to ear. So next time your wife nags about the windshield, just smile and give it the gaSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS~ http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif
JEFF

------------------
78 Donzi X18
350 chevy
"Suckin gas & haulin ass"
Bad Ass Boys Drive Bad Ass Toys

EricG
09-04-2000, 09:56 PM
What is it with Old guys and hats?

This last week I was on vacation on Lake Chelan in Eastern Washington. Not once, but 4 times my dad lost his stupid hat and we had to go back for it....which really isn't all that fun when your fighting 3 seas. I actually had to warn him that one more time and I wasn't going back...

EG

Craig
09-08-2000, 04:36 PM
If you're gonna were a hat, just make sure it's of the highly absorbent, non-floating variety. That way if you lose it doing anything over 4o mph, and there's no reason to turn around. A couple of small fishing weights attached will 1)hold it on your head better, 2)look pretty silly and 3)sink faster if it blows off, again reassuring yourself that there is no need to stop.

AVickers
09-08-2000, 05:42 PM
Windshields will not assure hat retention!

I have a 22 w/ a windshield, but the center was replaced with a shield that didn't have the "eyelashes" installed on most early 22s. The old owner sat about 6" shorter than me. Now the wind over the windshield catches me right at eye/ear/hat level. Hat's gone, head's sunburned, ears ring, eyes are full of dirt and bugs, and my contacts are rolled back in my head. And this is at relatively low speeds!

Almost enough to put on the old full-coverage helmet -- or pull the windshield off altogether! But they look so good on the 22s...(Even if the eyelashes look goofy!)

I guess my winter project will be to install some eyelashes (or find a helmet with internal cooling or undergo lasic procedures...).

[This message has been edited by avickers (edited 09-08-2000).]