PDA

View Full Version : #3-Rest In Peace

Crazy Horse
02-18-2001, 09:39 PM
Dale Earnhart, thanks for the memories...
Rest In Peace.

Montauk Crossbow Z33
02-18-2001, 09:45 PM
AMEN!!!

Blewbyu
02-18-2001, 10:29 PM
C'mon Horse-I haven't seen tonites news.Please don't tell me that was a fatal wreck!It didn't look bad at all.........

Blewbyu
02-18-2001, 10:38 PM
Michael did 463 starts to get this-
losing his best buddy can't be the penalty.
Please tell me Dale didn't lose his life.

Crazy Horse
02-18-2001, 10:49 PM
Dale was in third with his kid and Michael out front. He must have hit that wall with that 'Dale smile' smiling. I agree, while I watched the race the initial thought of mine was 'the crash did not seem so bad'. Earnhart not only was a monster on the track but he gave Waltrip a chance when many thought he was a poor choice...So bittersweet...Gotta feel for his wife...

Frank Civitano
02-19-2001, 06:02 PM
We are saying a Prayer for his family. such a Great loss of a Legend. Dale Earnhart was the heart and soul of what a true race dar driver was. He will be missed by all that knew him and respected him. Nascar will never be the same with the loss of number 3 on the track and one of the best drivers in Nascars history. GoodBye Dale!

Stromer
02-19-2001, 07:52 PM
I can't believe it! It did not look that bad! NASCAR will miss Dale and old #3.
He was a great driver and a legend. Now he is an angel - God Bless #3!!!

boldts
02-20-2001, 09:05 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I watched the 43rd Daytona 500 on Sunday. It was the best Nascar race I had ever seen. 3 wide all race long. It was amazing how 43 stock car drivers could run so close. Then it happened, the crash you knew had to happen. 19 cars were involved and as you watched the replays, you had to believe that one of the drivers would be hurt. This is what many race watchers like to see, but none of them wants to see a driver injured from a crash. It was announced that everyone was OK. The race restarted. I have followed Dale Earnhardt's racing career since 1979 when he was the Nascar Rookie Of The Year. It was my graduation year from high school. In the 22 years since then, I have watched Dale win 7 Nascar Championships and collected many items of memorabilia. Much of my family room is filled with everything from cereal boxes to diecast cars. I also have a picture of Dale that I stood in line at a Chevrolet dealership for many hours just for the opportunity to meet and receive a autograph from the stock car legend who at that time had won 5 championships. As the checkered flag flew on the final lap of the race, in the background you could see Dale's car hitting the wall. Word that Dale had passed away came later in the evening and my wife who is a Jeff Gordon fan, looked at me in disbelieve. We both broke into tears. I could not believe that the crash I had seen earlier, had killed the man I cheered for on so many Sundays in the past. I'm not sure if I will be able to attend or watch a Nascar race again. There is a tremendous emptiness with-in me. I can't imagine what the race team and most of all Dale's wife and children are feeling at this time. My heart and prayers go out to them.

Sorry everyone. I needed to let those feelings out even though the loss of Dale Earnhardt has nothing to do with repairing a Donzi boat. I know some of you are involved with racing and may have dealt with these feeling before. Live every day to the fullest and never forget to tell your family how much you love them....

Scott Boldt

Peter Beck
02-22-2001, 07:29 PM
You know I have never been a big fan of Dale but when I heard the news I was taken back more than any celebrity loss that has happened before. I still don’t know why but maybe it is just that he was such a big part of every race. I know now why it is said, “You hate to love him”
Take care Dale!!!

BigGrizzly
02-22-2001, 10:04 PM
I want everyone to remember one thing about racers. Dale died doing something he loved to do, not fighting some useless war in some country we don't belong in or sitting in traffic getting hit by a drunk driver. Dale was a true racer and role model. He didn't win all the races but he was always the one you would have to beat to win.

Randy

Looped
02-23-2001, 06:51 AM
BigGrizzly,
You’re absolutely correct. Dale died on his favorite track, favorite race, with his 2 cars that he owns running first & second with his son being one of them. Now you can’t tell me he could not have left this world any happier.

Craig