PDA

View Full Version : Need 2 Know Donzi Dealers Near SC Preferably in SC, NC, or GA

EClayton08
08-30-2000, 06:32 PM
Hey i am lookin for Donzi Dealers near South Carolina, North Carolina,or Georgia. Any help would be greatful. Lookin to buy a Donzi Z22. Please let me know if any1 knows any dealers near me!!!

BigGrizzly
08-30-2000, 08:52 PM
WE have two here in Atlanta, they are called Park marine.

roadtrip
08-30-2000, 10:33 PM
Be careful in Atlanta. The folks at Park Marine are nice enough, but they do not believe in lake testing their boats to uncover any potential problems. "Adds too much expense" to quote their sales manager to prep their boats properly. Not to sound like I'm full of sour grapes, but I drove all they way from Texas for a 22 Classic, only to uncover some major problems, and go home empty handed. Very disappointing and expensive.

roadtrip
08-30-2000, 10:37 PM
Not to appear two-faced, But I have bought a boat, with some help from the factory, and anxiously awaiting delivery. I am sold on Donzi. Just beware of Park marine; they fell down for me...

RickSE
08-31-2000, 10:59 AM
Roadtrip,
Where did you end up getting a 22 from?

[This message has been edited by RickS (edited 08-31-2000).]

roadtrip
08-31-2000, 05:36 PM
Rick,
I ordered a 22 Classic from Tim Hart at Boat Superstore, Houston. We have no dealer in Dallas. Donzi is promising a quick delivery and I get a Texas dealer who will support the warranty.
I had been looking for a fresh leftover to save some $$$. I found a 99 with a 502 at Bald Knob Marina, outside of Chicago. We made a deal, sent them a check, and then the sales person tries to bump me. Cancel check.
Found a 97 with a 454 mag in boat trader with "25 hours" in Fairfaxstation, VA. Drove 20 hours round trip to pick it up. Get there, the boat is rough. Try again. Make a deal with Park Marine detailed above.
Three strikes. Amazingly enough, but I am sure that you can understand, that I still want the boat! Call Donzi and tell this story. They are quickly building me a boat. Thanks Donzi for stepping up. Moral of this story. Stay close to home, assume nothing, and don't lose the faith!

BigGrizzly
08-31-2000, 09:29 PM
funny my friend Joe P. his clasic in Texas from a private party drove there in june. unit is really nice 502 and all. So not all road trips come up empty handed, no pun intended.

roadtrip
09-06-2000, 02:32 PM
Big Grizzly,
I'm glad to hear that someone can buy a boat out of state and actually complete the sale. I would have gladly done the same and enjoyed the Labor Day holiday on the lake. Hope that you did.
Update. Just talked to Donzi and they will be shipping my boat on 9/15 to Texas. I am impressed. Perhaps I will name it OZ as my journey has been longer than Dorothy's in acquiring my new 22 Classic. Wish me luck. Fourth try is a charm...

PaulO
09-06-2000, 03:14 PM
Dorothy acquired a 22 classic?

PaulO
09-06-2000, 03:15 PM
Sorry,
Just like in High School, I sometimes can't help myself.
PaulO

roadtrip
09-06-2000, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by PaulO:
Dorothy acquired a 22 classic?
No Dorothy didn't, but Toto likes to rock and roll at 75 mph plus. There are class clowns lurking everywhere... Geez