PDA

View Full Version : For FORREST (update on warranty work)

Bryan Tuvell
02-12-2001, 07:33 PM
Forrest, just wanted to say "thank you" for the recommendation to have Tynes Fiberglass in Norfolk Va to do my warranty work on the unusal cracking I was having in the area where the windscreen attaches to the boat. Turns out the problem was bigger than thought, not just stress cracks.
Anyway, Tynes worked with Donzi and the factory shipped a brand new windscreen to Va, removing the old one and installing the new one was a big job! The paint was off so a repaint was ordered.
Bottom line is they did a super job and I just thought I would let you know. The ZX came home today for a serious wash and wax!
Life is good, boating season is almost here!!!!
Again, thank you...
R/Bryan

Forrest
02-13-2001, 10:07 AM
Great Bryan! Good thing that you didn't have to pay for that job out of your own pocket, because I know that Tynes Fiberglass not only does some of the best work that I've ever seen, but they are also very pricy. Willoughby Bay Marina (location of Tynes Fiberglass) used to be one of my hangouts back in the late '80s, along with Kim Hermann with his '72 X-18 and the "Mayor" of Willoughy, top engine builder in the area, Raymond of Killer "R" Engines. Raymond is a good friend of Tyne and a heck of a great guy. You can get a lot of good performance advice from Raymond over a couple drinks from bottle of Jack Black! Raymond also owned the first and only offshore performance boat in the area back around 1972. It was a Magnum 27 Sport.

Bryan, I'm way past due to make a trip to up to the Norfolk - Virginia Beach area. Maybe soon. But you can bet that I will be taking a few days on the Eastern Shore with Kim Hermann and Co. and I look forward to seeing you and your Donzi then.

Hay Kim, get with the program, don't be shy, register your '72 X-18 here, before I start to bad-mouth it!

------------------
Forrest

Bryan Tuvell
02-17-2001, 05:57 AM
Forrest I shot you an email... did you get it?
R/Bryan

Forrest
02-17-2001, 09:29 AM
Got it Bryan . . . and it sounds like Donzi and Tynes really did you and your Donzi right.

------------------
Forrest

Bryan Tuvell
02-17-2001, 07:08 PM
I agree, that is why we are looking to upgrade ONLY to a bigger Donzi! More practical than owning two in the wifes eyes.
Thanks to all at Donzi, their now stuck with a life long buyer/Donzi lover! Maybe I should post the story of the TWO good old boys on the shore that knocked on my door just to look at our Donzi! they called them rare cigarette boats! LOL http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif
Life is good and spring is just around the corner!!!! Plus Cumberland is coming fast!!!
R/Bryan