PDA

View Full Version : X-18

PaulO
08-28-2000, 11:26 AM
Just saw an X-18 year unknown with a "For-Sale" sign on it at a local marina. No price just a note that said "go to office in back". Could not find anyone. White/Yellow, Nice finish, crappy cockpit cover that I did not pull the snaps off of to see the interior. Big Block Chevy with a Berkely Jet drive. Engine compartment looked sloppy. If anyone is intersted, I will go inquire further.
PaulO

oldLenny
09-18-2000, 05:35 PM
Paulo, did you ever find out how much this was?. Was it original gel-coat?

PaulO
09-19-2000, 08:13 AM
Lenny,
No I did not. Nobody responded with interest. It is not there anymore. I will be happy to inquire at the marina if you are interested. Also, if you are looking for a project boat there was an early rough 2+3 nearby that I might be able to dig up some pictures of.
PaulO

Looped
09-19-2000, 10:46 AM
PaulO,
That White/Red Barrel Back is still sitting over there? That poor thing.

Looped

CDMA
09-19-2000, 11:28 AM
I also have seen the boat Paul and Looped are refering to. I was tempted but man that boat is trashed. Rotten and cracked deck, pporly painted, shot 302 or 289, most off all the hardware is missing...or the corect hardware that is. Plastic gauge surrounds and the rest make it look horrible. I was/ am so tempted but what a project. By the time you are done with that just by RickR's boat...come to think of it where is Rick R? Anyone heard from him?

PaulO
09-19-2000, 11:28 AM
As far as I know. I haven't been over there since I took the pics.
PaulO

oldLenny
09-21-2000, 10:51 PM
Does this mean it was a '79? I haven't learned any serial number info yet. This one interests me. I am looking at about $1500.oo US to get one of these boats brought to my side of the planet after finding one that I can act on. Sounds like it has numbers on it. That's a good thing. Would this be a Hull Craft drive? Was Casale ever used? Just in and out, or a reverse as well. Colours, gel-coat original, interior? Is most of the original hardware on it regardless of condition? Who's drive/shaft, through hull hardware would be used in this configuration? Does it have a trailer? How many of you others are intertested?

You know, the sooner I find myself a project and get it home, the sooner I can work on it every waking moment and get off this web site and let the rest of you get back to the way it used to be. GeneD?... how do you get little popping eyes similies and eeks!! people. I don't know how.

CDMA
09-21-2000, 11:54 PM
Lenny,

It took me 8 months to find the "right boat" and I am in NY. Not Canada. Patience is a virtue.

Chris

GeneD
09-22-2000, 09:16 AM
Lenny,
You will find the smile thingy in the smile legend on the LHS of the page when posting.
It's fun!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Owen
09-25-2000, 04:21 PM
Lenny, the link to the photos of the x-18 are in my original post now. I guess you have to post a new message to bring the thread up top.