PDA

View Full Version : Launched the boat today...

harbormaster
06-30-2002, 09:58 PM
It was a perfect day. We splashed the boat at the public ramp with no problems. I kept looking for poodle with the video camera...

We cruised down Clear Lake with the music blasting through the Clear Creek Channel into Galveston Bay. It was a caldron with 3 - 4 waves. We blasted out into Galveston Bay for about half a mile and then turned around. We were soaked. We stuffed the bow into a huge swell and and got soaked as all the water came up the foredeck and over the decorative windshield. It was a blast.

We then headed back into the lake and cruised into Taylor lake and then Clear Creek at the opposite end of Clear Lake.

We stopped for a late lunch at the Sundance Grill at Seabrook marina. When we headed back out Kim took over the helm. She was a natural and had a blast driving. We cruised a while longer and then headed back to the boat ramp. I dropped off Kim and she went to get the pickup while I waited at the dock. Kim backed the trailer perfectly down the ramp. I drove the boat on the trailer and she pulled me out. No hassles; no problems. We were home in 15 minutes.

The boat performed flawlessly!!!
We had Wonderful day.
(took the camera along, but had so much fun, We forgot to take pictures!)

Tony
06-30-2002, 10:09 PM
Sounds like an awesome shakedown cruise. Here's hoping you enjoy many more to come!

BigGrizzly
06-30-2002, 11:15 PM
Now that is Donzi-ing at its best. This weekend Wbatman, and Tomahawk came over and did the dock BS thing then a short ride and called it a day. Great to have a Donzi isn't it!!!

Randy

oldLenny
06-30-2002, 11:33 PM
aaaaaahhhhhhhh......that's better. Glad to hear all went well.

Have FUN with it!!! :D

...jealous, 2000 miles Northwest,...Lenny

mattyboy
07-01-2002, 07:17 AM
:D :D :D

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Matt

Digger
07-01-2002, 07:20 AM
allright Scot! glad you had a great day-

GEOO
07-01-2002, 07:26 AM
Scot,
Congratulation!!!
That's Great you had a flawless day.
Just get some of those Dry bags for Kayaking and you'll be all set. :)

riverrat
07-01-2002, 05:46 PM
Cool!!! I knew ya'll would luv it.. so I guess it's time to do the river with Judy & I??
Keep an eye on the electrical, keep it flushed, keep it washed & every thing will be cool. :D :D :D

Fish boy
07-01-2002, 07:57 PM
Congrats Scott!!!! Glad to hear someone got their boat in the water.

Fish-boy(living vicariously through others while my lower unit is being rebuilt)

waleyetwo
07-02-2002, 10:28 AM
way to go there haaabaaamaaaastaaa :) eek! :D :confused: