PDA

View Full Version : Correct Tire pressure.....pleez

Sagbay32
06-30-2002, 07:29 PM
I have sold my boat (Mike sheds tear) and the Buyer will be trailering her from Michigan to Westhampton, New York. I want to have her set up for him and wondered what tire pressure I should have for the trip.

Thank you very much for all the help I have been given on Donzis. This site has been my favrite site for boating as well as everyday talk.

As far as the Donzi-itis thing goes I feel physically ill because I have sold my baby. At this time in our lives it just didn't fit us. I will be slowing down for a while, but plan on getting another performance boat when my "mid life crisis" kicks in! Until then it will probably be a pontoon (if I buy the house on the lake).

Thanks again

Tomahawk
06-30-2002, 07:49 PM
Probably 50 lbs, if the tires are intended for trailers. Do try to find the info on the tires though. Easier said than done. There are a couple hundred letters and numbers on a tire. The two you want are the smallest and the same black color as the tire. Can be difficult to find. Must be some ploy to get people to ruin their tires and need to buy more. Worked on me, twice, on the trip to Sarasota last fall.
Sorry about your loss Mike.

mattyboy
06-30-2002, 07:49 PM
Sagbay,
sorry to hear that, you can always buy a donzi deck boat,
usually 50 psi cold on trailer tires
you've been bitten, you'll be back

good luck

Matt

Formula Jr
06-30-2002, 11:30 PM
I've had them as high as 60 psi and as low as 32 psi cold.

Do as Tom says, sometimes the info will be on the inside side of the tires. Generally, the
higher the rating of the tire means a higher tire pressure. If you are really in doubt, call a dealer in those tires, say ya bought them from him, and need the info. Do NOT guess at it.