PDA

View Full Version : Swim Platform

Peter Beck
02-07-2001, 06:19 PM
Ok guy’s I am thinking about putting a swim platform on my Classic 22. I looked at some that are fiberglass and Aluminum (Extreme Marine). Could you please give me your opinions about adding one, who’s you recommend and are there any pic’s on the registry that show one?

Frank Civitano
02-07-2001, 06:44 PM
If I was going to put a Swim platform on a classic? I would go for a custom aluminum colored to match the interior. you still will keep your offshore hull design. I like the 22 classic with out a platform. Gives the boat more of that race boat effect

------------------
Frank Civitano

Murphy
02-07-2001, 09:01 PM
Hi Peter,

I've been thinking about adding one to my 22 also. Thing is, a 22 is big enough to be a great day cruiser but when you stop to swim you need somewhere to rest. I have seen brackets on ski boats that let you remove the swim platform. They're kind of a tapered key design where the platform bracket slides into a v'slot on each side. I'm going to look into this cause I agree with Frank on the look. There are days I'd want to leave it at home. One concern I have is about transom thickness. The transom is not all that thick out beyond the stern drive mount area. Who has an opinion about what kind of reinforcement will be needed to avoid getting spider cracks (or worse) when mounting weight-bearing brackets out there?

Thanks,

Murph