PDA

View Full Version : 22zx prop

Roy
06-28-2002, 10:57 PM
I have a 97 22zx (not a step hull) It likes to porpise when I get it trimed out and over 60mph
I switched from a mirage to a bravo1 prop it helped slightly but still has the problem. Any suggestions?

Klingon
06-28-2002, 11:42 PM
My C18 also had a bad habit of doing that and at somwhat slow speeds, 40 mph+. I could only keep it under control by using a lot of trim. I installed some Bennett trim tabs and what a huge difference. I can now run the boat to WOT, keep the drive neutral or even a bit out and the C18 is steady as a rock. It is also good for trimming the boat for different loads, such as leveling the boat for excess side weight. I have placed the trim controls on the steering wheel to make it easier to adjust. I use a couple of toggles and a coil cord to relay box.
Alan

Lil Grizz
06-29-2002, 10:57 PM
What pitch is the prop and is it a 3 or a 4 blade? My 1999 22zx (step hull) liked the 24p 4 blade that came on it. I ran a 23 and it slipped alot, 25 was just too much for it. In my opinion the three blades tend to blow out quite a bit on this boat. I have the 7.4 mpi in my boat with the bravo drive if that helps.