PDA

View Full Version : SWEET 16 INFO

Don Carone
02-06-2001, 12:41 PM
THIS WEEKEND I HOPE TO PURCHASE A 2nd BOAT
(1st IS A 1988 SEA RAY PACHANGA II) THE BOAT IN ? IS A 1966 SWEET 16 351 WINDSOR, IT DOES RUN, WITH TILT AND TRIM ( NOT SHURE WHAT, OUTDRIVE DEFINATELY NOT A JET) HE IS ASKING $5000.00 WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR???
HOW WILL I KNOW IT IS A SWEET 16 AND NOT ANOTHER MODEL OR IS THAT A NICKNAME??
ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
THANKS ALSO FOR THE OUTDRIVE VS JET INFO.

Len
02-06-2001, 03:34 PM
I am not sure where you live to advise of clones. Canada or U.S.A.? Anyways, up here, Canada West, we have what WAS called a Starfire. Made in the mid '70's. It is a copy of the Sweet Sixteen with a barrel back type deck. 350's, very poorly made hulls. Untreated 1/2" plywood interiors, bulkhead supports, open cockpit sides with hull side upholstery. Deck had an unnatural dip in the forward center bow area (davit hook area) that stored a 1/2" of surface water at rest. Great for ducks. Looks pretty much the same as a Sweet Sixteen in the water. LOOK for FELT PEN NUMBERS on back (underside) of dash or in engine compartment. Where is the boat? For $9,000.00US you can get the one I mentioned in Boats for Sale with a 4.3 and everything is "NEW". Yes, Sweet Sixteen IS what they were called...as well as Ski Sporter.

[This message has been edited by Len (edited 02-06-2001).]

Len
02-06-2001, 03:51 PM
Don, is this boat located in St. Clair Michigan?...If so, check the ads under boats for sale. 1966 Ski Sporter. VOODOOCANOE has one for sale. Is this the boat? Hope not, 'cuz I am waiting for pic's from the owner and am very interested in it. I wanted an 18' but now I am getting so tired of banging my head against the wall and wanting on the "bandwagon" that I think I would settle for getting any REAL Donzi. I am hoping to accomplish a late spring trip/vacation to go look at/pick up this thing if I can get some info and pic's and it is what it appears to be...

Voodoocanoe
02-06-2001, 04:11 PM
That would be me,yes Len you will get the pictures,I will send them to you late this evening,also apologies to everyone else,I have been very busy.And I do not believe that my boat is the one that Don is referring to.

PaulO
02-06-2001, 04:29 PM
Len,
I hope this is the one for you!! Sounds like a great deal if just for the e-drive! Since we are all emotionally committed to your search for a vessel, you must keep us informed. Although we kid you, we (I hope I am speaking for all) do wish you a great deal on a Donzi.
PaulO

Voodoocanoe
02-07-2001, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Len:
Don, is this boat located in St. Clair Michigan?...If so, check the ads under boats for sale. 1966 Ski Sporter. VOODOOCANOE has one for sale. Is this the boat? Hope not, 'cuz I am waiting for pic's from the owner and am very interested in it. I wanted an 18' but now I am getting so tired of banging my head against the wall and wanting on the "bandwagon" that I think I would settle for getting any REAL Donzi. I am hoping to accomplish a late spring trip/vacation to go look at/pick up this thing if I can get some info and pic's and it is what it appears to be...

Len,Thank you for editing your message.I sent you 16 pictures,hopefully these will answer all your questions,please contact me if you need a picture of a specific area or have any more questions.I'm sure that you will find the boat to be very fairly priced.