PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera ?

Sagbay32
06-28-2002, 10:22 PM
I was looking at several camera reviews and thought I would try the Fuji Finepix 2600. Does anyone have any past experience with this camera? Can anyone suggest a good "Bang for the Buck" on a digital camera?

Thank you

oldLenny
06-28-2002, 10:39 PM
I know little to nothing about these cameras. I assume that it is 2.6 meg. I was going to buy a digital camera for the South Puget sound run. I was repeatedly told not to ever go below 3meg and try to get at least 5. My cameras don't last all that long and 5meg is about $600usd. Then you need about one or two 128meg "cards" to enjoy it on a weekend. About $80 a pop. And lots of AA's. (no, not Alcoholics Anonymous, mind you they might help in some cases :rolleyes: )

I chickened out and bought a high end fully auto 35mm again, built in flash etc.. Now I am getting my film developed onto disc, which is handy, and browse for the good ones, then have them printed or blown up. I will go digital "next" time.

Sagbay32
06-29-2002, 07:33 AM
I was told by several camera owners that I wqould be happy with 2 megs or higher. My Bro-in-law has a little 2.0 and it takes great photos.

I will have to check it out.

Stix Magill
06-29-2002, 09:35 AM
Mike,
If you want to do artsy stuff and print your pics on paper, you will want a high pixel count camera and a highend printer with special paper. If you are wanting it for internet related use, you can use almost any modern camera available because the internet only supports a fairly low pixel count. I have a Kodak 210 that is discontinued and available on Ebay for $100. I use it for all my Donzi.net photos and all the pics on my website
Guitar Gallery, Inc. (http://theguitargallery.com) (scans on the history link).
By the way, the better digital cameras now record mpgs or digital video, which is very cool. Mine doesn't do that, but my next one will.

2 cents,
Stix

Greg
06-29-2002, 09:45 AM
Most of my "in the know" computer friends have Olympus cameras of some sort or another. I bought the C-700 zoom. It only has 2.1 pixels but it does everything I want it to. My .02

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
06-29-2002, 10:47 AM
Bought my wife's Fuji FinePix 2400 Zoom on Overstock.com Saved about $100. Works fine. :)

mjpcowboy
06-29-2002, 11:30 AM
I have a cannon G2 takes great pics. Love the digital camera over film. Good luck

Brad Lyon
06-29-2002, 12:57 PM
I have a Sony DSC-F707 and love it. It is a 5.0 Mega Pixels camera and the shots on Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper on a Epson Photo 820 printer look like photographs taken with film. However I may be selling it soon, I am looking to upgrade to a Canon D60.

Brad

harbormaster
06-29-2002, 01:53 PM
I am a big fan of SONY digital cameras. My Sony was in my car when the trunk started leaking during a 2 week long rain storm. 2 weeks later I opened my trunk and was shocked to find water in my trunk. My camera bag was soaked. Water poured out of the camera when I took it out of the bag.

I dried off the outside of the camera and and then sat it in front of a heater blowing warm dry air. After it dried, it worked just fine. Very impressive!