PDA

View Full Version : I am Stoked / AOTH

Tony
02-05-2001, 09:08 PM
I am very fired up...my family gave me a PROP for my birthday! They (I) found a refurbished Volve Ultra, 14 x 24, at Murphy's Prop Shop in Norfolk, VA. Thanks to Scott Baxter for the tip helping me locate it. I'm hoping the difference between it and my old aluminum 14 x 23 will help me break 60 mph. Soon, at the AOTH, I will know for sure according to the radar gun.

Speaking of the AOTH, and looking more closely at maps, it looks like I will save some time by staying at the Jamestown Resort compared to the State Park Lodge. Coming from the north, is it an hour farther to the State Park...or less? After a 10 hour drive this might help me decide where to stay.

RickR
02-06-2001, 09:07 AM
Probably an extra 10 or 15 minutes to get to the State Park vs Jamestown Marina by road. You could throw a rock from the State Dock to Jamestown Marina.

There is parking at the State Dock for the lazy ones who don't want to walk the 1/2mile to the lodge.

SS prop might come in handy. Lake Cumberland is a tributary resevoir (top of the dam system), when this type lake is filled in spring you get floating debris for a few weeks till it gets blown into the hollows. Hopefully we will get some good rains so they will top the lake off early.

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>