PDA

View Full Version : 68 Corsican

olredalert
07-26-2001, 10:38 AM
Have been in touch with the fella from Miss.with the Corsican and have a couple of questions for the board.
1.He says it ran good 4 years ago when he put it away,but the carburetors been stolen.If I cant hear it run how much do you guys think it affects the value?
2.By some pictures he E-mailed me I can tell that it posotively needs an interior.Im having a senior moment here but how much would a correct interior from the the people in Miami cost approximatly?
3.Im worried about the fuel tank.Dont know yet wether he left it full or not or wether he left stabilizer in it.What are the chances the tank is badly varnished?Can I check the integrity of the tank when I get there?
4.What do I need to ask about the Volvo 250 drive?
Its a two thousand mile round trip,and I want to make sure I ask him every question I can.Am I missing anything?
I value all your input so if you have time,jump in!.......ol scared red!

Looped
07-26-2001, 12:16 PM
olredalert,
The price on an 18 Classic interior runs about $1,500 including seat pedestals & cockpit cover so maybe somewhere near that figure.

If the carb. was stolen you gotta watch out for any washers or nuts that could have run down into the manifold or even further (I'm sure the guy that stole it would have cared less). This same thing happened to me with a tricked out Jet Ski that I had years ago but I was the one that dropped the washer down the manifold after changing the carb. and blowup a $2,200 racing 440 motor. Ya ya I know, I am an idiot.

Craig

BigGrizzly
07-26-2001, 08:00 PM
The tank is steel Varnish is the least of the wories. If carb is off and stored out sid then engine rust is a problem. been there with a Corsican. Some times a deal isn't worth the work. Th3ese are neet boats thoe.

Randy

olredalert
07-26-2001, 09:26 PM
Oh Griz,
Dont I know it(Corsicans are neat boats).This guy(seems like a real straight shooter)is the original owner,and while that info could backfire on me,it does add something to the equation,dont you think?..........just.......wary ....ol red!

oldLenny
07-27-2001, 09:40 AM
'Ol Red. I'd be curious of the numbers on this thing 'cuz as Tony pointed out, there were only 56 Corsicans ever made, starting in 1969. Yours has got to be one of the very EARLY ones. Do you know the numbers?... :eek:

ALLAN BROWN
07-27-2001, 10:23 AM
I BUILT CORSICANS IN 1966.

BROWNIE

olredalert
07-28-2001, 09:36 PM
Thanks Brownie,
Your input is always welcome.Until you told us this I was Thinking 1968 as well.The only problem was that I had one used in 69-70 and it was already worn out when I bought it.Since coming on the board,nothing seemed to jibe.Would have helped if I could just remember what year it was but that would be too easy!..........just..ol,ol,ol,ol red!