PDA

View Full Version : Funny Gas? aka "The Blue Bootle"

G - FORCE 88
06-27-2002, 08:59 PM
WHat do you guys think? for it or against it? Cheap speed or dumb speed? Fair or unfair? Good idea or bad? Just a little discussion? DO you think its fair when a guy runs a quick one on you when he hits the switch and blows right by you? :( CHEAP WIN!!!

blackhawk
06-27-2002, 09:34 PM
No such thing as a "cheap win". There's just winners and losers. :D

G - FORCE 88
06-27-2002, 09:44 PM
i agree with the winners and losers but a fair run is a fair run but in gas its a cheap win. my opinion. :D

BigGrizzly
06-28-2002, 12:35 AM
emember the first rule in street and weekend racing -"There are no rules". Ruel number 2 "He who cheats the mostest gets there the fastest!". If you and I race and I beat you, am I cheating (I have a blower motor in my 22 Criterion). After all you may be cheating in the other guys eyes, your the one with the warmed over 454 with the big port heads that can't be seen from the outside. BTW puting one of thoes buttons on isn't cheap or easy. If you want to beat him race for 5 miles and see how much he has left in his NO bottle.

Randy

Donzi Dreaming
06-28-2002, 05:41 AM
Run what you brought and HOPE you brought enough!

:cool:

harbormaster
06-28-2002, 07:21 AM
A Win is a Win. If you race someone, you have to be prepared to lose as a good sport.

Rootsy
06-28-2002, 07:33 AM
otherwise if you don't like the odds or what the other person is running.. don't race em... simple enough...

MOP
06-28-2002, 07:33 AM
Very true a Win is a Win! But I have been watching these Nitous boats for along time and the point is the price is high. much shorter engine life, so if you don't have real deep pockets don't do it. I have a buddie, who's buddie over in Connecticut builds dual turbo with nitous mills for boats. I got to talk with the guy one afternoon, he said most of his clients got about 200 hours if they were careful. If anyone is intersted I will call my buddie and get the guys name and see if he is still doing it.

GEOO
06-28-2002, 09:31 AM
Last year I ran NOS on my Donzi. This year I have a Procharger. I like the supercharger much better. If you want to try NOS I have a kit and or I'll be happy to help in your set-up or questions. Boating has an article this month on NOS. 100hp kit= 8-10 mph :)