PDA

View Full Version : 1978 28' outboard raceboat

salvavida1
07-25-2003, 12:43 PM
i just purchased a 28 foot boat made in 1978 the boat was a race boat. does anyone have any information on the race boats at that time that was made by donzi.
this boat had outboards on it originally

DonziNUTS
07-25-2003, 02:05 PM
Was this boat on Boattraderonline? I looked at this boat. I posted a question in the Donzi For Sale section of the post called 28' Donzi. Mattyboy ask the question if this was a Donzi for that year and if it is....maybe be one of a kind!
Nice purchase!!! Good luck with restore...have to post pictures while in the process!!!

mattyboy
07-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Sal,

I'm not the best on History but in 78 there were no production boats at 28 feet, the sportsman was 28 feet but was not produced in 78 and it doesn't look like a sportsman! this doesn't mean that a racing boat was not made by Donzi that year, a hull number or id number might help if you could find it I also looked at some pics from the late seventies and saw few bigger boats powered by outboards, Some one like Brownie might know, Also keep in mind that alot of Don A.'s boats ( that have been done over or do not have proper id or have lost the tags) are reffered to has Donzi when in fact they are Magnums or Squardons. All boats that Don was involved with and doesn't make your boat any less desirable it might make it even more diserable. Good luck with the project and keep us posted.
BTW you might want to check out this site

http://www.njppc.com/librarypreface.htm

hope that helps , post pics as soon as possible and maybe you will find your answers

Matty