PDA

View Full Version : Best prop for a 22 classic is???

G - FORCE 88
06-26-2002, 10:42 PM
I need the Donzi family for this one. I would like to know in your opinion and experience, what is the best prop for a 22 Classic with a 97 454 Magnum with a Bravo 1 drive? RIght now the prop of choice is a 25p Mirage. All the feed back I can get would be very helpful.

Thanks a million
Jon :D :D

Woodsy
06-27-2002, 06:11 AM
Jon,

I have the same boat, and I have tried a few props. It really depends on wht you are looking for. If its all out speed you want, a labbed 25P Mirage Plus is the way to go. But its not the most stable in the rough stuff, gives you a little torque twist getting off the throttle quickly etc. If you want a stable prop, the Hydro Quad IV 24P works great. It is 1-2mph slower than the Mirage Plus, but its ALOT more stable, especially in the rough slop we have up here at Winni. I just sold mine to Tom Davis. You can ask him his opinion of the prop.

Woodsy :D :D

PS: I sold it because I am converting to a BlackHawk......

Tom Davis
06-27-2002, 07:25 AM
I'm in the same boat with Woodsy, I agree, I have a 22 with the 496magHO and have the same torque problems. I have both the 25P Mirage 2 Plus (not labbed) and find it a little faster than the Hydromotive quad 4 (24P), BUT the Quad 4 is really good in big water, very stable. Also noticed the Quad 4 has allot more bite so it's a little trickier around the docks and at slow speed. Hope this helps. Thanks again Woodsy for the prop.

Tom Davis
Winni Bandits

BigGrizzly
06-27-2002, 03:52 PM
Tom and I use a turbo. Now
i have quite a bit more HP than you but in all cases the turbo worked better ans was faster than the Marage plus. We tried more than 15 different types of props on 22 Donzis and logged the results and used only GPS readings for speed. Handling was superior also.
The plus is a good prop but not always the best, just the most common.

Randy

G - FORCE 88
06-27-2002, 08:12 PM
what is the model # of your prop, pitch, size, cost, how many rpm's and speed, what engine do you have, drive, and anything else that might help.
jon :D