PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Web Page Active

Scubado
01-30-2001, 04:21 PM
Looks like they have some content on the Donzi Marine Web Page
www.donzimarine.com (http://www.donzimarine.com)

What does everyone think?

RickSE
01-30-2001, 04:42 PM
Looks like they put the old web page back up? I don't see any major changes.

Hey Scubado, how was Havasu? Did you go? I'm screwed I sold my tow vehicle in order to make room for the new truck I have on order and now I may not get it for six months or more. GM is having trouble keping the assembly line supplied with 496's so I have no idea when my new truck will be here. I'll have to find something to tow with this summer so I can meet you at Havasu or Powell.

[This message has been edited by RickS (edited 01-30-2001).]

Bryan Tuvell
01-30-2001, 05:38 PM
Yep, their getting there, the text is new and impressive, makes you want to sit in your boat and turn up the tunes!!!
The girls/ZX picks was from the 99/2000 brochures! I know there are florida beauties waiting in line for a ride! hell I'll drive!
Bryan

Looped
01-30-2001, 08:46 PM
Looks like they upped the Max HP for the 18 Classic from 300hp to 377hp. Hey Geoo, I think you’re voiding the warranty. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

Craig

RickSE
01-31-2001, 09:07 AM
377HP is the Scorpion package, it was first available last year. Still don't think one has been sold, adds $13,000 to the price of the base 18. 320HP 6.2L is a better option.

Looped
01-31-2001, 09:15 AM
Yikes. Kaching, Kaching

Scubado
01-31-2001, 04:22 PM
I didn't go to Havasu because the weather was bad. I decided to go to Canyon lake instead. The weather was nice and besides some mountain goats and a few fisherman I was the only one out there. Too bad about your truck!

I'm planning a spring trip to lake Powell. I may be renting one of those big houseboats with some friends. Of course I'll be taking my new toy with me. Hope you can make it.

What do you think about the ZXO??? How does a Donzi fly with a ballast bunny in the Bow?

GEOO
01-31-2001, 04:59 PM
AHH!! A new 18 with a 377 and a Procharger...
Bravo with reverse???? Hey I'll have to check with the boss. GEOO

Varyak
01-31-2001, 09:25 PM
Ask and ye shall receive, Madpoodle.
I bought the 2001 MX 6.2L MPI rather than be the first (only) Classic 18 Scorpion for the following reasons:
MX 6.2L MPI with B1 377cu 320hp $16,700
Scorpion with B1 377cu 340hp $23,465

Donzi factory literature mistakes the hp of the Scorpion as 377. NO Mercruiser literature to back that up. Mercruiser has a 350hp Scorpion for the Ski-boats with V-drive. Presumably an outdrive eats 20 HP.
See everybody in Orlando! I'll have my boat there to show off. It's only money!
Mark

RickSE
02-01-2001, 10:09 AM
Scubado,
Keep in touch about your Powell trip. I'd definitely be interested in going. I can still tow a few trips with my old 4-speed wagon if the trucks not here. Plus, I know my way around the lake pretty good and can show you some of the better places to go. We typically take a few boats and just camp on the beach. The lake level will probably be down this year since we're selling power to California and there are definitely some areas to avoid. Unlike the guys in Florida when we hit something underwater out here it's usually a rock or spire and not sand. Fortunately the water at Powell is pretty clear so most obstacles can be seen a head of time, depending on your speed.

The 28ZXO, I'm not a big fan of open bow boats but this one sure is neat. Hopefully it'll be a good seller for Donzi. Last summer I got to ride in and drive the first one produced. It drove and handled just like the regular ZX. The open bow area also seems a lot nicer and more though out than those of other manufacturers. We'd like to sell one but are a little weary about stocking and being able sell a 28' boat in the Southwest.