PDA

View Full Version : Miami Vice returns

MattM
01-29-2001, 02:15 PM
I was very pleased to learn that Miami Vice will return to TV starting tonight at 7:00 pm to the TNN network. Am I the only one here who thinks that is the best show ever?

Tony
01-29-2001, 02:22 PM
Miami Vice was definitely the best show ever. After that is Sienfeld, but that's a different genre.

Ted Guldemond
01-29-2001, 02:41 PM
You are far from alone in your opinion.

EricG
01-29-2001, 02:56 PM
Actually, I got very excited when I saw the caption for last Friday's episode: "Crocket convinces the department to put up $25,000 for him to run a boat race that is a front for drug runners...." - I was really disappointed that it didn't end up being that episode - but I'm going to keep watching until it is!!

EG

Bryan Tuvell
01-29-2001, 04:54 PM
Funny, we were discussing this the other night, the book I just finished (King of Thunderbolt Row) said that Donzi turned the show down. They said it was not the type of image they wanted to portray. I will say, Nash Bridges has a Donzi in it!
Don't they run scaraabs?
Good show regardless.
Bryan

Frank Civitano
01-29-2001, 05:44 PM
Hey I keep that Miami Vice tape in my boat for those special throttle up days! great show.

------------------
Frank Civitano

Blewbyu
01-29-2001, 06:53 PM
'Poodle-BITE YOUR TONGUE!Ain't been no snow in the Northwest this year!All the days it was freezing in Florida, we had 46-54 degree weather and 200 mile visibility!You could see the mountains in Oregon from Seattle.You must have us confused with the Right Coasters in th' Northeast.We were boating while youse guys were breaking the icicles off yer downspouts.Huh, Eric?If I knew how to make those green grinner faces-I'd send yaall some.........
P.S.-We don't tie horses up in the streets of Seattle anymore.Geno could get a job up here in 15 minutes and have the best boating in the world-but he wouldn't see many Donzis!

boldts
01-29-2001, 08:01 PM
Hey everyone. Miami Vice started running on TNN since last week on Monday. They are running from the first show and continuing all the following shows. I wish I had taped the first show and all the shows since last week. My wife has really become a fan of the show and Even though Don Johnson isn't driving a Donzi, the Wellcraft that they use for trips to find drug dealers and killers sure looks great running on the ocean. We watch the show every night at 7:00 p.m.

Scott Boldt

lou
01-30-2001, 06:16 PM
My car was in miami vice when it was new. http://www.4u2buy.com/cars/aa556231.jpg

[This message has been edited by lou (edited 01-30-2001).]

Looped
01-30-2001, 08:51 PM
Kind of looks like a 300 zx with a flare kit. Is that what it was?

boldts
01-30-2001, 09:06 PM
Got a question about Miami Vice. There was a show where Bill Russell of NBA fame played a judge who was in trouble and his son played on the local college b-ball team. The son was shaving points to keep his father(Bill Russell) from being killed by the gangsters. There is a scene where Bill rides out to the gangster's yacht on what looks to be a 22' Classic. Is that what the boat is? Anyone have it on tape or know the show I'm remembering? It looks an awful lot like a Donzi, but reports are that Donzi boats were not used on the show.

Scott Boldt

lou
01-30-2001, 11:02 PM
Tojans are pontiac Firebirds, they are the gm version of an asc mclaren, I still have mine, tried to trade Rick for his big block 18 but he said no. Here is a link on them if you are interested : http://homepages.go.com/~tojanclub/tojanclub.html

Looped
01-31-2001, 07:06 AM
Lou,
now I see the lines. That bottom picture looked like a zx hood & headlights. Better off anyway, it's American made!

Craig

Dalelama
01-31-2001, 07:08 PM
There was a BETTER show on AFTER Miami Vice on fridays nights..... CRIME STORY!

Better actors, better stories and way cool early 60's cars (No boats) Filmed in Chicago and Las Vegas.. the music was much better too!

Another Michael Mann vehicle... and I found every episode (2 years) in a video set last year!

------------------
Dale Evans
Miami, FL
'87 Minx / 320 EFI

MattM
02-01-2001, 01:03 PM
Dalelama, with all due respect, how could it be a better show? No boats, no Miami?

GeneD
02-02-2001, 08:04 AM
Well...did you guys see it?
Last night was the "Winner take all" race. Tubbs and Crockett talk Crockett's girlfriend into lending them $25,000 to enter the race.
It was rather fun to watch all those boats racing out of Government Cut. The drug smuggler was driving a Cary 50!
Neat!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

boldts
02-02-2001, 09:16 PM
Caught the show last night. What an array of different makes of boats. 50'Cary, 39'Stinger, 30'ChrisCat, Twin outboards on a V-Bottom. My only questions are: Where was the boat patrol, manatee lovers protesting, ORANGE race helmets, and most important, some kind of life jacket? Even the great Don Aronow has a life jacket on in the picture on front of his son's book. This pic makes a great wallpaper picture also. I'll give a shot at posting the picture. http://www.geocities.com/boldts/donaronow.jpg

BigGrizzly
02-03-2001, 08:10 AM
Its really too bad you guys didn't see the real boats of thoes days. Every year for the Hennesy and then the Bene Hanna grand prix we would take my dads crusier amd sit on the deck at the start finish line and take pictures. I would post them but my sister claims she can't find them (right). It was the one thing I looked forward when I came home from college for the summer. We all would talk about it all the way to October. My dad and mom though it was great also, they were always there.

Randy

Forrest
02-04-2001, 10:51 PM
Hay boldts . . . It's TeeVeee, man!

Ain't fightin' crime wonderful!

------------------
Forrest

OceanCommotion
02-05-2001, 09:28 AM
Just scanning through and read Madpoodle's response to Bryan Tuvell about the Wellcrafts. While Miami definitely used the Chris Craft Stinger, they also used a 38' Scarab KV that was painted in a similar scheme.

Remember this one?:

http://www.dumasproducts.com/graphics/1435.JPG

[This message has been edited by OceanCommotion (edited 02-05-2001).]

boldts
02-05-2001, 04:34 PM
OC,
Is that a RC boat by chance? I want one! Nice picture

Scott Boldt

OceanCommotion
02-05-2001, 08:33 PM
Sure is, boldts-

Dumas makes the model. It's 55 inches long and will take up to a .90 .

That model looks identical to the boat that they used on Miami Vice, down to the paint. Best shot on the net that I could find, model or otherwise.

Looks pretty sweet for a Wellcraft. Wait- did I say that?

boldts
02-05-2001, 08:44 PM
OC,
Thanks for the info on who makes the model. I have 2 batt. powered offshore boats. (It's as close to Offshore Racing as I can get! LOL) I have a Vee bottom A Class boat and a Bud Dry Skater Cat. The Wellcraft would make a nice addition after I buy a plane ticket to Orlando, Get my Donzi ready for Lake Cumberland, Pay for the artwork on the Cumberland shirts, etc,etc,etc...

Sorry, dreamin again. Workin on the tax return now so I can make these things happen. I really want to go to Portifino.

Scott Boldt

Bryan Tuvell
02-06-2001, 08:54 AM
Good luck Scott, I am trying to make that trip too, I have business in Orlando on the 2nd of April but I having a hard time justifying the cost and weekend to the boss of the house!
Nice pic above, Scaraabs are hot boats too, I have a buddy with one and it is pretty awesome, he has the 1989 23 with a 454MAG, I can see why DJ drove one.
So the question is for you Miami Vice buffs, what size Scaraab did Don J have in the series.
Happy boating to all! KY is closing in fast!
Bryan

boxy
02-06-2001, 11:00 AM
39 KV Triple.
PowerBoating Canada ran an exact replica in the early days of Poker Runs up here in Canada, prodably around 1990. Nice boat, they kept in the MV colors for a couple of years, then Snap-On Tools bought it and repainted it in their corporate colors.

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
1000 Islands
Ontario