PDA

View Full Version : Testarossa Edition

EricG
07-24-2003, 01:42 PM
Matty's thread about the Blackhawk and Testarossa has got me thinking.

What is the Testarossa model exactly? When were they made? How is it identified as a Testarossa? Does it have a center stripe? Merc or OMC power originally?

I guess what I'm really asking is, just because it's an all red 22, does that make it a Testarossa, or was there something else special about these boats?

Just curious,

EG

mattyboy
07-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Eric,
all red with ferrari gauges i think ,not sure of numbers or years, have seen and all red 18 as well and and all red minx don't know if they were testarosa's tho???? someone here will have the answers

Matty

Greg K
07-24-2003, 02:16 PM
From what info I've gathered, only 14 actual Testarossas were made in 1988. That's the only year that is considered a Testarossa and is solid red. There were also 3-4 18's made possibly that have the redhead designation. Other options it had are not known to me or if there was an actual Ferrari connection or not.
Mine is not a redhead, just a redheaded stepchild.

Speed-Racer
07-25-2003, 11:26 PM
WOW, if Greg is right then I found one of 3-4 rare all red 18's in Sarsota...chased it down on the jetski and told the guy about the board and all...never heard anything or saw it again....

Capt. Donzi
07-26-2003, 01:50 PM
Speed Eraser, was that a 22 or an 18? I can't remember.......

Speed-Racer
07-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Capt. Ron, it was in 18'

donzii22
07-27-2003, 03:39 PM
when i got my testerosta i was told that their was only 6 made in 1988, and i had 2 of them , first boat had a twisted hull , the 2nd 1 had a defective hull which they replaced the complete boat the first time and replaced the hull the 2nd time,and because of my problems they painted the deck with imron,in all i was satified :D

harbormaster
07-27-2003, 07:31 PM
There is an all red late model 18 down here in a marina. The guy is a diver who lives on a sailboat in the marina and uses the 18 to go to work. It's kinda sickening. It never leaves the water.

Barry Phillips
07-28-2003, 08:46 AM
I think there were18 Testarrosa 22s made, all Merc powered, I also know of a Minx on Lake George, pretty boat, and I've seen an 18. What I think all Testarrosa Editions have in common is a light gray interior. I think the gauges were what Donzi was using at the time, the power options where the standard offerings. I for one would like to see Donzi offer the Testarrosa Edition again. Sure you can custom order one, but a factory limited edition would be really cool with a red interior and black carpet and carbon fiber gauge faces with chrome bezels and maybe a little Testarrosa Edition scroll on the side glass and gauge face.

SO-SLO

b.guggenmos
07-28-2003, 09:17 AM
I owned an 88 Testarossa in the early 90,s. It was a 22 with the gray interior. All red hull with just the Donzi decals on the side. Stainless windshield and also a stainless hose bib on the rear of the hull for flushing. It had VDO gauges and a 7.5L OMC with a King Cobra drive and a 14 1/2 24 Raker prop. It also had a Momo wheel but other models had that also I believe. I did not know that so few were made. I wish I had the hull number. I also remember in the blue zippered pouch from Donzi that contained all the info on the boat there was some info on the Testarossa but I can,t remember. Hope some of this helps. It was a great boat.