PDA

View Full Version : Discount Mercruser Source for Reg Members?

harbormaster
08-23-2002, 09:02 PM
OK everyone. I am looking to establish some sort of relationship with different parts sources that can get us discount parts via volume buying. Registry members will have a identifierthat they can use to get a breaks on parts as long as they use one of our preferred vendors. We would need different vendors who could provide aftermarket Marine stuff, Mercruiser parts, and Volvo parts.

How does this sound? Does anyone have parts sources that may be interested in participating?

gjohns6896
08-23-2002, 11:43 PM
Scott, the Merc parts won't do me any good, since I run OMC stuff. Nonetheless, FABULOUS idea!

My first suggestion would be to get Overton's or Bart's to extend to us Donzi Registry members a discount.

Also, maybe talk to the insurance people, whoever they are, and see if being a member of this site would get our premiums reduced for being a "responsible and knowledgable" boater.

Trying to be very "realistic" here, without TOO MUCH sarcasm!

George

harbormaster
08-24-2002, 02:34 PM
eek! ooops I deleted it again!

abelchinewalker
08-24-2002, 04:16 PM
Scot,
This is a great idea, I'd suggest using Flagship Marine to join us in this new venture. They build custom high performance engines, are currently working with GM Marine, and they are a great source of both O/B and I/O OMC parts. Some of you may know Tom Fileman as he has been in the industry for many years.
Let me know if you'd like me to establish a contact.

Donnie

Tidbart
08-24-2002, 04:42 PM
Great idea Scott.
I wish I new a Merc vendor or any other vendor for that matter.
Since I moved here to Fla., I am having a hard time finding someone to sell me parts at a decent price. There is one local vendor that even marks his prices up well beyond list prices. He wants his customers to buy a preferred customer card for $75 so that they can have the privilege of paying list price. Of course most of them don't realize this and get scammed.

Enough steam. If i can find someone I'll let you know.

Bob

harbormaster
08-24-2002, 05:38 PM
Good idea Donnie. I would appreciate it if you could talk to them.

abelchinewalker
08-24-2002, 06:32 PM
He has a beautiful 1969 16 Classic. I've already told him about all the great things you do on this forum. I'll call him this week.

Donnie

Moody Blu'
08-24-2002, 06:33 PM
I took that personally. :(
I was only trying to help...

I could probably get volvo parts for the members at discount. My volvo dealer(hes the parts manager and owners son) gives me 30% of list now. (since I hook him up with atv parts cheap)

harbormaster
08-24-2002, 07:13 PM
Broque, thats much better. See how easy it is when you stay on the subject? :D :D

awwww lighten up!

mattyboy
08-24-2002, 07:34 PM
Scot,
great idea what can i do to help

Matt

HyperDonzi
08-24-2002, 09:01 PM
i can hook anyone up with any 2002 hyperlite wake board cheap (not engine parts but fun behind a boat!), around 250$ (not honeycomb) and bingings are less than 300$. tell me soon, we are placing the order soon.

working at a marina is fun.

Digger
08-25-2002, 02:34 PM
great idea Scot, I'm on board-

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-25-2002, 03:09 PM
Scott keep us posted, I would be into this, I change fluids every 25 hours (again today!), belts hoses etc.
So, if there is a deal to be had, I am in.

BUT with the shipping charges it may not be a deal BUT if they will help the website (you) it would be worth it.
Bryan