PDA

View Full Version : K & N Flame Arrestors

NAILS
08-23-2002, 07:06 PM
Wondering if anyone has put K & N's on 5.7 EFI's, I ordered two for my 28zx but the stock mercruisers have a flange,the two from CP Performance did not have the same flange so it would not sit on the carb. I have called several performance marines but have not located anyone that has something that will fit my application. I would appriciate any help locating aftermarket flame arrestors.

RICPAZ
08-26-2002, 03:41 PM
I installed a K&N flame arrestor/air filter on my 502 and I had to take off the stock flange. This came off very easily. Once this was removed the K&N filter bolted right up with no problem using the supplied four (4) bolts. Unfortunately I don't know what differences your 5.7 has on the intake compared to my 502.

Sean
08-27-2002, 04:18 PM
Hey nails. Have you tried out the boat since the installation of you new tips? As you know, I don't have much information on K&N for your 5.7 EFI's. Will you be making it down to Lake of the Ozarks?

NAILS
08-27-2002, 06:57 PM
Have not tried the new tips, looking forward to going to the ozarks this weekend with you guys, should be a great time. I was told that I might need to look at adding a velocity stack to mount the K & N too, know anything about that?