PDA

View Full Version : Arrester or Spacer ?

HELLERBOY
08-23-2002, 12:52 PM
When putting my carb back on for a little zoom,zoom I was thinking of putting on a carb spacer 1" or less(must fit under the stock hatch)or a better flame arrester(also must fit under the stock hatch) is one better than the other? or just put it back stock? (have very little space as of now with the stock set up 460 in a 22c) :confused:

RickR
08-23-2002, 01:29 PM
Run her wo/flame arrestor and see if there is a difference. :D

HyperDonzi
08-23-2002, 02:45 PM
i have seen people test a boat w/o a flame arrestor, a 99 26' checkmate with 605 hp. yes it was faster, but only by .1 mph on gps. now think, is your life worth that .1 mph?

Jamesbon
08-23-2002, 09:42 PM
Supposedly K&N's stub stack or their velocity stack with C.G. approved flame arrestor is worth a few HP. Sits on top of the carb. as opposed to under it. I ran a 2" spacer on my 383, however I don't really know how much HP it was worth, as it was on the engine from the get go. They seem to atomize fuel a bit better and give slightly better idle qualities.

A very interesting article (http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28202&highlight=velocity+stack) reguarding the stub stack.