PDA

View Full Version : Ponderings...

CnV & Family
06-26-2002, 08:26 AM
Guess I'm just fishing for some ideas.

I'm debating bezel colors. I'm in the process of getting some gauges and wonder what color scheme would go best. Our 97 Donzi has the teal stripes. I did the reg numbers in teal with a red shadow to match the state reg sticker color, and we have a smaller american flag on the light pole. So, what I'm pondoring is whether I should get teal bezels to accentuate (sp?) the stripes, red bezels to accentuate the "background colors", or black bezels to keep it in order with the wheel and throttle. Gauges are white.

Not sure how the angeled bezels would look on a 16... overkill? Too angled? Does anyone have any ideas or pics they'd share on this?

No digi camera or i'd get some pics to post... I'm currently browsing registry pics to see what I can find. Already searched, but most all pics were x'ed an unavailable.

-C

Last Tango
06-26-2002, 08:35 AM
C,
www.Livorsimarine.com (http://www.Livorsimarine.com) is the place to go. Lots of pictures of their bezels in various arrangements. They will send you a catalog with hundreds of cool ideas and great pictures. Seems to me that teal rings (not angled) with a second (base) ring in chrome might be pretty attractive. Just my opinion.
Mark :cool:

Greg K
06-26-2002, 08:42 AM
Marcdups had the bezels in his 16..before & after pics... Dash & Gauges (http://www.donzi.net/hull.cfm?id=564)
Here's some idea as well Dashes (http://www.nisongermarine.com/dash-panels-donzi-replacement-dash-and-switch-panels.html)

marcdups
06-26-2002, 08:58 AM
C, the angled guages were fantastic, I loved them and are not too angled, just right!! :cool:

CnV & Family
06-26-2002, 09:10 AM
Catalog on its way.

Ok, let me get this straight... I can use a flat slimline red bezel as a base and put a teal angled bezel directly on top. I'm thinking I like that idea...

Thanks for the link Tango and the links to the pics Greg...

Marc, loved the look of your setup. Was that the original panel though?

McGary911
06-26-2002, 12:00 PM
CB&V,
Does the registration stay red for the life of the boat in Gerogia? Here in Jersey, you get a different color every year. That's tougher to keep up with if you're gonna incorporate into your boat scheme.
I think just the teal might look classier. If you paint them yourself, you can get the color match exact. Scott P did his like that, and it looks incredible. Scott P dash (http://www.donzi.net/hull/020HANDA1972/MVC-834F.jpg) Whatever you decide, make sure you post some pics.

McGary

roadtrip se
06-26-2002, 12:04 PM
A little teaser of what's coming soon to a lake near you on the roadtrip.....

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tsomerville16.jpg

CnV & Family
06-26-2002, 01:21 PM
Good question about the reg sticker...

The reg card I have says expires in 2004... I figured I could get a new set of reg stickers then, maybe bezels too... ?

The chrome base and angled teal would stand over any color changes...

Yeah, I saw Pearsons... a work of art indeed! So many others too! Lot's of time and money put into those. Unfortunately, I have little of both so I'll piece it together as I can! :)

Roadtrip... that looks very slick.

-C

Tomahawk
06-26-2002, 11:03 PM
Chris - our registration decals change colors. They're good for three years here but won't be the same color upon renewal. I would go with the teal, or change bezels every three years. :)
How is the Eufaula trip shaping up for you? Come on by on the 4th if you can.

CnV & Family
06-27-2002, 07:14 AM
Well... fiddlesticks.

I got to looking at my dash panel last night and with the way it's done from the factory, I'm not so sure the bezels would fit? The panel is recessed where the gauges fit and there's only about 1/8in from the current gauges edges to the edge of the recession.

I see Marc's wasn't a standard factory panel, and all the links show 18-22 Classic panels, not for a 16. Maybe I'll look at getting a custom one...

Tom - If this goes through, I'll most likely use the stainless/silver base with the angled teal. I'm becoming fixed on that combo. I have a new idea for reg decals also. As far as Lake Eufala, right now its just a wait and see approach. Depends on how things develop here at home. I hope to be out on the 4th... Not sure my wife will be up for it though. I do have your directions to the dock, and I know the general area. Hopefully, I'll get to stop by sometime soon.

Argh. Oh yeah. I've got to pick up a battery. I've gotta do that soon! If the Harbormaster doesn't hurry up with those shirts for the 16 owners... I'll not be able to afford them!!! eek! wink :D

roadtrip se
06-27-2002, 08:10 AM
CB&V,

Roadtrip's Wholesale Donzi Parts here.

Just went to the closet and flipped over the 18" dash panel that I just took off the 22 Classic.
It says that it will work in the 16, 18, and 22.

Not trying to sell it to you, because somebody has a money order in the mail to me for the thing, but I guess I would measure the 16's dash board and see if the regular Classic dash would work.

Just a thought and good luck,

Todd

CnV & Family
06-27-2002, 08:24 AM
Todd,

Thanks for the info... Wish I'd have known that earlier... but then again I'd probably never got my mind made up of whether it should be white or teal! :D For $100 cheaper, white it would have been!!!

-C