PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from the Chicago area...

EricG
07-23-2003, 10:07 AM
Want to take an adventure? I'm looking at a boat in that area, and I'd really appreciate it if someone out there wanted to take a look at it for me. I'll make it worth your while by sending you a gift from the Great NW - maybe some NW Beer, or NW Salmon?

Let me know if you are interested...

Thanks!
EG

Bigbroadjumper
07-23-2003, 11:09 AM
I may be able to take a look for you. Where is it located.

rag top man
07-23-2003, 01:06 PM
I too am looking for a Donzi on the west coast, not many here, or just none for sale. If you buy in Chicago, have you priced the freight charges or would you go get it?? (Any idea how much to ship across country? greg

EricG
07-23-2003, 01:46 PM
Yes, the joys of West Coast Donzi-ing. When you do find a boat that is for sale out here, bring your checkbook - you've got to pay that "left coast markup".

I've always wanted to find a boat and bring it out here myself. I even came pretty close to trying to put together a deal on Brian's 16 in New York this spring, but the timing just wasn't right. I've always figured I can justify the cost of the trip because of the adventure factor.

Right now I'm in the process of selling the Z and upgrading to something bigger. But I'm also looking for a fairly priced older classic that I can play with while I'm selling the Z. If I find the right boat, I'll probably have it shipped, just because I don't have the time to take the trip right now. I've done a little research on shipping boats out here, and with the smaller classics, the best deal seems to be to try to find a partial load that is already coming this way, and have them put it on the back. From what I've found, as long as you aren't in a hurry, you can get a pretty good deal. If and when I ever find the right boat, I'll post all of the details of the shipping process.

For now, I'm enjoying the hunt :D

EG