PDA

View Full Version : Blister Boy Update***Check it out!

harbormaster
08-22-2002, 06:25 PM
Check out this site and spread it all over OSO if you can.(if it is not already there.)

http://www.donziblister.com/

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-22-2002, 06:40 PM
DONZI has always done us right, my boat goes back to the factory in October (21st) for some cosmetic work on our fairing and hatch, and we are TOTALLY comfortable with that.

Very professional post DONZI, thanks, now I need to click over and check Chris's website to see if he updated it or removed it.

Thanks HarborMaster.
Bryan

Tidbart
08-22-2002, 06:45 PM
What was Blisterboy's site? I went to it a long time ago and never went back. I am curious also.
bob

Crazy Horse
08-22-2002, 07:05 PM
Not at all surprised that Donzi did right by anyone. I am glad that Blister Boy's boat will be corrected. Must say that they stepped up to the plate when I had gel coat/tab problems on my '96 Classic. For the record though I hated Blister Boy's posts. Regardless though, good for Donzi and good for Blister Boy.

blackhawk
08-22-2002, 07:09 PM
Do a search for Donzi on Google. Hit number 3, yes number 3, is "Blister Boy". And no, his site has not been updated!

Over 17,000 hits!!! eek!

http://blisterboat.homestead.com/

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-22-2002, 09:18 PM
As close as I have followed this story I never noticed until today that the photos have different trailers! One is a tri with $$ hi dollar wheels, one dual axle. Not sure which was the shipping trailer....
That tri sure looks sharp, rims do make a difference.
So Chris, did you get a new trailer? I am to old to re-read your entire site, and the java on your site does not like my new MS XP software.
We here are glad all worked out for you.. Have fun and be safe.

Bryan

blue-z
08-22-2002, 11:04 PM
Cool deal Donzi dudes!!!

Shanghied Again
08-23-2002, 02:17 AM
Chris, Let us know how she looks and Donzi from what it sounds like you guys did a great job!
There are not to many boat companys that stand behind there product like that!

Bandit
08-23-2002, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the update Harbormaster.

As we suspected, Donzi Marine came through.

Dave98
08-23-2002, 07:53 AM
We have experienced nothing but excellent customer service from Donzi Marine. Shortly after buying our boat my wife dropped a stainless steel pole (fairly expensive) overboard that came with our Bimini top. The hourmeter had gone belly about the same time.

I called Donzi and told him the truth, we had lost the pole. He sent us 2 new poles and a hourmeter without a second thought.

Sometime later, they mailed me a Donzi logo cooler. He must have thought we were going to lose our existing one overboard!!

Anyway, I will be a customer for life.

RICPAZ
08-23-2002, 08:36 AM
I got one of those coolers also! I put it to good use. When I bought my boat new in '99 it had a one year warranty. This was before the 5 year Z care warranty. Anyway I had a few issues (starter was broke the first time I tried to use the boat, a radio problem, and some leaking thru the hull fittings in the transom). Donzi fixed all the problems and extended my warranty another full year! Needless to say that made me happy. Can't wait to get my next Donzi!

Jake
08-23-2002, 10:29 AM
If you look at blister boy's website you'll see that he got rid of the guest book so that no one could call him on the fact that he got his boat back better than when he bought it. Hopefully he posts an update soon!

KMLFAMILY
08-24-2002, 07:48 AM
He posted on OSO again. He is still bashing!

Jake
08-24-2002, 08:00 AM
KML do you have a link to the thread? thanks

Greg K
08-24-2002, 08:36 AM
Link to thread (http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/showthread.php?s=c8b03f186072e5b755a5e54f6197292e&threadid=31521)
And his comments on his web page (http://blisterboat.homestead.com/updates.html)

harbormaster
08-24-2002, 08:57 AM
It is my opinion (and Chris I hope you read this) that when you by a 3 year old boat at a dealer and expect a new one, you are living on a different planet. I think he should be happy with what he got from the factory. He wanted it repaired, yet expects a better boat than he originally bought. He said he is selling his Donzi. Well I say good riddance. Just my opinion

Gritz
08-24-2002, 09:32 AM
Scot, I fully agree.
IMO Donzi would have been better off to just buy his boat back.
There are some people in this world you just don't need as a customer.

Stan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-24-2002, 10:04 AM
I saw it too, he replied to one of our club members who said his Donzi buds (me for one) gets great customer service.
I will hopefully have another GREAT Donzi experience when my goes back in Oct. for a month maybe 6 weeks, surely not 6 months.
Nick Miller and D. Marvin have answered every question and they return every call.
I am having some fairing and hatch issues, cosmetic. GOD knows we love the 26ZX. In fact I think I will wax the bilge today! LOL
You know I will keep everyone posted.
Bryan

Dr. Dan
08-24-2002, 10:23 AM
What a jerk!

blackhawk
08-24-2002, 11:34 AM
It looks like his guest book is still there? However, my "comments" have been deleted. Imagine that? Looks like he only keeps the comments that he agrees with. Man, there a morons everywhere.

Tidbart
08-24-2002, 05:02 PM
What a douche bag. I posted too and my post was deleted. I just wanted him to stand up to the plate. Nothing derogatory. If he doesn't like what people have to say, don't post any of them.
Bob

harbormaster
08-24-2002, 07:17 PM
You guys know what to do. Say this same stuff on offshore oddly!

mattyboy
08-24-2002, 07:28 PM
he did post on OSO but only kept his comments on his web page???? when he was trashing Donzi he put his comments any where they would have them,
what's up with that!
Donzi fixed the problems the blisters and went above and beyond the call.case closed sitdonnashutup
now he is out of boating, TFB!!!!!!!
if he wanted a new boat he should have pushed for it!

NICE JOB DONZI!!!!!
when mine wears out I'll by a new Donzi

Matt
68 16

Greg
08-25-2002, 03:15 PM
I have been casually following this saga for a while. Some people, for whatever the reason just don't belong behind the wheel of a boat. I think this guy is one of them. Glad to see he is selling his boat and getting on with his life. We are all better off for it.

RickSE
08-26-2002, 11:55 AM
I asked some of the service guys about the Blister Boat at the Dealer Show last month. Donzi is very frustrated and feels they can not make this guy happy.

MOP
08-28-2002, 03:50 PM
I have been in the boating field for to damn many years. If you notice on Bister Boys site the blisters are from the water line down. This is common for a boat left in the water to long, gel coat is not water proof. The blister topside was under a cushion another very common place to find blisters, I find them regularly on boats with front deck seats. When I ran the yard I noticed that the guys that used hard epoxy bottom paints almost never blisterd, but the guys that used the soft slothing paint blistered alot. Old model Chis's do not blister I believe due to the very thick gel coat. Anyhow I think Donzi should have let this guy Wiz Up A Rope. I do not think they were responsible, the prior owner maybe but not Donzi. The guy probably stole the boat due to the blisters then got on Donzi to fix them. Would love to find the prior owner so Donzi could sue this NUT!