PDA

View Full Version : To Beach or Not To Beach...

Greg K
06-25-2002, 02:12 PM
The sand at the local pond is fairly coarse...have noticed the effects of it on the keel from the last few times we've been beached out on the sand bar there for several hours..
What should I be concerend with and any suggestions to bring the shine back or some sort of prevention other than not beaching..
Thanks in advance..

Forrest
06-25-2002, 02:32 PM
Everyone should own two Donzis. One for doing whatever you want like beaching, and the other for just looking at! wink

KMLFAMILY
06-25-2002, 04:21 PM
I have been thinking about getting a KEEL GUARD.I was wondering if there were any pro"s or con"s.I actually have one section worn through the gel coat. My concern is when the guard becomes worn.Is the replacment a big hassle ?

RedDog
06-25-2002, 07:57 PM
I have one of those strechable (bungee like) anchor lines. Hook it to your anchor, connect to cleat, toss it out, then pull up to shore, step off holding a bow line and the streachable line pulls the boat back out to deeper water. Fairly simple to use and keeps your boat floating safely. I think I bought mine through Overton's but have seen them through other locations. Works well to keep your boat safe from wakes beating your boat against a dock too. When it is time to get back on board, just pull it back to you.

Stix Magill
06-25-2002, 08:24 PM
RedDog,

So those work well huh? I may need one of those......