PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Gatherings - East vs West

EricG
06-25-2002, 01:25 PM
After our Very successful South Puget Sound run up here in the Great NW - I thought I'd compare a little between the gathering's on the East Coast, and out here. Thanks to the Lake George Donzi Club for letting me borrow (without permission) a few of their gallery photos for this comparison.

East Coast Turnout:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/egudgel29.jpg

West Cost Turnout:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/egudgel28.jpg

East Coast Host Resort:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/egudgel30.jpg

West Coast Host Resort:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/egudgel25.jpg

East Coast Accomodations:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/egudgel31.jpg

West Coast Accomodations:
Note, Owen is in there somewhere.... :rolleyes:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/egudgel27.jpg

Regardless of the Turnout, Location, or lack of Flushing Toilets....Donzi Gatherings are worth every moment!!

EG

oldLenny
06-25-2002, 01:31 PM
LMAO

ToonaFish
06-25-2002, 01:41 PM
But you guys have a dog! Looks like you had a fantastic time!

Bunches,

Celene 'wherever two or more are gathered...'

Bandit
06-25-2002, 02:03 PM
I'd say Owen wasn't feeling any pain...2 beer bottles behind him and an empty cup in front :)

You can't beat the great outdoors and a nice camping trip no matter which Coast your on!!!

mattyboy
06-25-2002, 02:14 PM
looks like you guys had a good time!!!

that first picture really isn't Lk George get together.

It is the new
Pearson Allard fleet!! :D eek! wink :p
I hear that they have reserved all the slips for next year's dustoff

I believe it is some kinda world domination scheme.

Matt

mattyboy
06-25-2002, 09:30 PM
Yes he did Scott,
I had a blast even with the rain,
those were the guys from long island, I wish I had the rain slickers my topsiders are still
soaked and my feet are still brown eek! eek!
I've got some analog shots looking for a scanner
wiill post soon

matt

MXRoadster
06-26-2002, 01:20 AM
:D :D :D
Yup... the west coast wins cuz Lenny's cooking on the BBQ will beat any hotel, even if they have a French speeking cook. wink

Formula Jr
06-26-2002, 03:04 AM
Ya'l it was kinda rough with the freaken bacon wraped Steaks and the garlic Shrimp, and then the Cordon-blu chicken.... :D

But thats CAMPING and you have to make sacrifices

Digger
06-26-2002, 05:28 AM
someone even levelled the grill...

ThrillSeeker
06-26-2002, 09:41 AM
Well you cant beat getting half loaded and passing out in a sleeping bag on the cold moist ground!! Now thats a trew mans get together there :D :D :D

Air 22
06-26-2002, 09:56 AM
Lake George was great even though it rained on our parade. I've never had the Donzi out in a rain storm navigating under an umbrella only doing 25mph(umbrella would collapse any faster) for 10 miles. I need to get one of those race helmets like some of the guy's had to beat the wx and keep on truck'in.
What lake is considered to be in the center of the USA? We could have a NATIONAL DONZI MEET like Struges does for the Harley's!!

Jamesbon
06-26-2002, 01:20 PM
"Regardless of the Turnout, Location, or lack of Flushing Toilets....Donzi Gatherings are worth every moment!!"

A-mother f***ing-Men!!

boldts
06-26-2002, 11:30 PM
Dwight,
As president of the Midwest Donzi Club, I have pondered that same very question. I pulled out a map and it appears that if you split the USA in half both North & South and East & West, the intersection falls into the Kansas City, Kansas area.

As far as lakes of great size, Missouri appears to have the largest in that area of the country. Lake of the Ozarks is there and there looks to be an even bigger lake to the West of Ozarks. My atlas isn't large enough to really pick out a lake from, so I'd need some help from Registry members from that area to pick out the best place to gather EVERY Donzi in the country and Canada. Let me make a list of what I would consider to be the Pros and Cons of such a gathering.

PROS :)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fresh water to satisfy everyone <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dealer availability to attend event <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Closer to the West Coast to bring those Donzi owners into the mix <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Create more media exposure to Donzi Marine on a National level.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">CONS :(
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Further from the East Coast which appears to be the home of most Donzis <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Would the big Donzi owners place their boats on a trailer to attend? <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Would the shore Donzis even have a trailer to tow their boats to Central USA? <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are there off lake things to do and how far away are they? <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">These are just a few things off the top of my head. Since it would be a central gathering, it would almost have to run for a week in order to make it worth the traveled miles. Is anyone interested in putting this together for next year? I do not know the area, but I'd be willing to volunteer to help pull the first Nation Wide Donzi Owners Regatta together. The internet is a wonderful tool! :D

Formula Jr
06-27-2002, 12:51 AM
"* Closer to the West Coast to bring those Donzi owners into the mix" - what? All seven of us? Triangulate East Coast, Michigan and Florida. That cross hair lands pretty well over Cumberland.

AOTH IS the National Event.....

boldts
06-27-2002, 08:19 AM
JR,
Thanks for the compliment! I've seen at least 4 or 5 more Donzis for sale out west, so there has to be more than 7? Actually, I'm just always interested in seeing something new. This year, Eufala, next year, maybe Lake George NY. Lake Winni is in there somewhere also and now that I've seen through pictures the beauty of your area, well, you get the drift! :)

Blewbyu
06-28-2002, 02:35 PM
Eric,Len,MX,Henry:
I'm really sorry I couldn't get away for the South Sound run.Shoot-I woulda increased the "boats in the water count" by 50% just by showing up.Owen is sooo photogenic when he's in his "home away from home"-was Henry in there too?
Enjoyed the pics!
Len-Hope you got the measurements O.K.-special thanks for the 6 pack of Victoria Lager!!!!!For those of you uninitiated-Canadian beer ROCKS!This stuff is like silk,and two of 'em will SIT YOU DOWN!5% vs. American 3.2. :D

Blewbyu
06-28-2002, 02:39 PM
ToonaFish-Henry is NOT a dog!He is a very intelligent human in dogs clothing. :p

ToonaFish
06-28-2002, 03:35 PM
Oh, I didn't realize that Henry was a Saluki! :D

Bunches,

Celene 'that explains it'

EricG
06-28-2002, 05:01 PM
While we did definitely miss you Jeff....I'm glad your boat wasn't there. As it was - I had the fastest Donzi at the gathering :D !!!

-EG

Formula Jr
06-28-2002, 05:17 PM
HEY!!!..... oh thats right.. wink

Since Eric has already revealed far too much of Northwestern culture, I figured I'd share with ya a typical NW camping breakfast. Lenny's "do you like sage on your omlete," isn't the norm. :D

http://www.donzi.net/photos/osaffell255.jpg

-----------
Somewhere West of Lake Winni.....