PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on Selling My Donzi!

RICPAZ
08-22-2002, 08:36 AM
This is my first Donzi (22ZX). I bought it brand new in '99. Living in Connecticut, this is not a hotbed for performance boats, I am looking for some advice on how/where/when to sell my boat. I am anxious to sell it so I can buy a 28ZX for next season. I don't want to trade it in or give it away because I need the money to put down on the 28. The boat is in absolute perfect condition, well maintained, and has every performance option, so I don't think a dealer will give me what it's worth. I could be wrong, though. There are a few boat shows coming up shortly here in CT and NY this Fall and Winter where I might want to purchase the 28 and I obviously can't buy that one 'till mine sells first. Any advice is much appreciated

Thanks,
Rich

2biguns
08-22-2002, 10:27 AM
Buy an ad on Boat Trader Online (http://www.boattraderonline.com) and be sure to include a LOT of pics. Also, of course, post an ad on the "Donzi Boats for Sale" on this board.

I've had great luck with the Boat Trader. The last 2 boats I bought came from leads generated from the site.

If you find someone with an extra 28ZX, tell them to call me :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-22-2002, 06:48 PM
Agree, boat traderonline and also OSO classifieds.

I would try to force the dealer into real numbers and make him pay it off, even at a few grand loss tossed on new loan, hell on a 20 year note your talking small change, I will also add do not broker the 22ZX, I have said it here before, I know a couple guys who did and made TWO boat payments all year and rode in only one, the other sits, without love in a slack market place.

As far as the $$ down, you are assumably not paying MSRP, most dealers work the numbers to show big $$ down, loan approval and you go boating! Yes not always ethical, but if you are the consumer, who cares! I sure don't, most don't have 20% for a down payment. My 6 cents....

Good luck on your sale.
Bryan

Formula Jr
08-22-2002, 10:26 PM
Put it on eBay and set you reserve price to exactly what you payed for the boat. Heck, why not also include any gas money you put in it..... :D

Your highest bid plus 2k will be the street price.