PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

harbormaster
08-21-2002, 11:23 PM
I had seen this happen to others in the past but did not have a chance to comment on it. Well it happened to me and now I have to comment on it.

I posted a whaler jetboat for sale for a friend.

Someone tonite posted a reply tonite discussing the boat I had posted.

He said it was a Whaler heritage.
He was wrong. It is a Rage.

He said it is 13 foot.
He was wrong. It is a 14 foot boat.

Finally he said the jet drive was broken.
He was wrong. The jet drive is not broken.

The powerhead needs work because it ran hot. The jet drive is fine.

He also commented on how much it would cost to have fixed. This is not a boat you buy and take to the shop. It is meant as a project boat.

That would be like me saying that Scott Pearson got screwed on his Hornet because if he took it to a shop to be completely redone it would cost over 45k.

He also said we should be worried because we do not have the full story on the boat. Well Gee.
I guess that is why I put the phone number on there.
Did he call to ask questions? NO. If he was interested enough to write 3 paragraphs on it, you think he would have tried to get his facts straight.

Please. If you do not want to buy a boat offered for sale then walk away.

In my opinion, unless you personally know the boat, you have no business tearing it down or give your opinion of it. This is especially if you have not seen the boat in person.

Let Games Begin....

oldLenny
08-22-2002, 12:02 AM
Right you are Scot.!!!

I just ,..(get this) :rolleyes: , bought a boat from a guy I don't even know, 2400 miles away, never met him, I only know him through the INTERNET, and I have never seen the boat in person, nor has anyone else, but have easily written three paragraphs on it!!! All this and I have never chatted with the owner about any of it!!! Talk about crazy!!! eek! eek! eek!

You're right, some guys are *^&%'in nuts!

...ps, the trailer will be there soon and you are "supposed" to give the guy $400 US bucks on my behalf. That is if it is not wrecked or hurt and delivered in top condition (as new) other than rain etc... Now I have to give you the $400 somehow...(It also comes with a spare hub/bearings/race/spare tire to be included as part of the delivery. E-mail me your home phone number so I can wreck most every other part of your life instead of just half of it... :D )

Scott Pearson
08-22-2002, 05:39 AM
45k....what did I get myself into??? I think I better sell this thing while I'm still ahead :D .

Your right though. It would cost every bit of that if someone else was doing all the work. I figure I will have about a third of that into it when all is said and done. That and 2 years atleast...maybe a little more.

I hope I live long enuff to finish all these Donzi projects. Thats just the boats...I have other crap laying around.

(NJ)Scott

harbormaster
08-22-2002, 07:14 AM
I am sure the party meant no ill will BUT,
I want everyone to be able to post their boats for sale without the fear of it being picked apart.

HP 600SC
08-22-2002, 07:44 AM
I have experianced a little of that myself....
Thank you Scot. :)

abelchinewalker
08-22-2002, 08:27 AM
I've always said that 'a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous.' I worked in the customer service departments for both Donzi and Wellcraft and people often called about a problem that as fueled by one of their "so called experts." When 9 times out of 10 it was just a minor issue. People freely offer their opinion before they have enough information to provide educated advise. Although here I am freely giving an opinion.