PDA

View Full Version : Florida Classic owners club

Donzi Blackhawk
06-25-2002, 08:12 AM
Florida is the birth place of Donzi. I would like to know how many people would be interested in having a Florida region Donzi Classic owners club established. If the response is favorable I would love to get the club started. The northern clubs are very well run and organize a lot of family fun
events. I believe we can do the same here. Let me know.

Digger
06-25-2002, 08:31 AM
I like your idea about a club, it's a great idea. I live in VA currently but may end up in FL in a year or so. Can I suggest you make the club open to all Donzi owners? If I lived in FL I would certainly like to join up if you start a club, but would hate to be excluded because I don't own a classic. The Donzi registry started out as a "classic only" board but thanks to Scot Van A that policy was changed, and a good thing it was too, because it illustrated a very important point: the heart of the Donzi family lies in its people and their shared passion, not the particular type of boat they own.

Good luck in getting your idea off the ground! I'm sure you will have plenty of support-

Donzi Blackhawk
06-25-2002, 08:55 AM
Digger, at no point in time would the club exclude anyone. Don't forget, we own a Donzi because it is in our blood. Every Donzi owner would be welcome.

G - FORCE 88
06-25-2002, 10:29 AM
finally!!!!! Great idea.. I live in Miami I would love a Donzi family in South Florida. COOL IDEA! :-)let me know email me tantan99@bellsouth.net :D :D

Last Tango
06-25-2002, 10:52 AM
Blackhawk, Digger,
Hi guys! I guess we need to make ourselves more prominent, but we already have an organization here in Florida and Georgia. We call ourselves the SEADOGs, which stands for the S outh EA st D onzi O wner's G roup. I am the proxy leader, although we encourgage all of our "members" to take leadership roles in organizing events.
We do not have a separate website, nor an official membership roster, nor any dues or ID cards (we are still working on the T-shirt thing). Rather, we have enjoyed the loose flexibility of just chatting on THIS website and meeting at various locations. We list our events on the Events and Gatherings section of this site, usually with the word SEADOGs in the title. Our next major gathering is at Lake Eufala, on the Georgia/Alabama border on the Chattahoochee River, Labor Day Weekend. This will be our fourth annual Labor Day Weekend there. The event has traditionally been organized by Forrest. So far this year, we have done a gathering in Mt. Dora during the Annual Classic Wooden Boat Show, a gathering at Porkey's Landing in Lake George (our semi-official hangout), a gathering on the Suwannee River, and quite a few of us went up to Lake Cumberland, KY for AOTH II. This fall, we will be in Sarasota for the 3rd annual Donzi Owners Gathering hosted buy the Donzi factory, at least one more run to Porkeys in October, a gathering in Palatka on November 9th. Plus maybe a few others. Yep, we ARE an active and fun group. We have about 20 "regulars" who participate in the events as often as they can.
Notice the word "Classic" does not appear in the SEADOGs name. We are a DONZI group...bring whatever you like. We just really love ALL kinds of DONZI's. No limits, no bashing. We even encourage members to bring their "other" boats to show off.
By the way, "membership"... by virtue of your location, you ALREADY ARE a member of the SEADOGs. All you need to do is show up for events and enjoy the good times. How easy is THAT!
Now, if you want to create and manage a separate website for the SEADOG's, be my guest. We tend to congregate here, though, and particularly under the SEADOG headings in the events section.
If you want to host something, let me know. Since you are new to the board, I suggest you take a run through the past events we have hosted over the last three years, and you will see we ARE quite a gang! Our motto has been "We are drinkers with a boating problem."
Welcome to the SEADOGs! We look forward to seeing you at Lake Eufala!
Mark Laszlo (Supreme SEADOG)
Jacksonville, FL
Varyak@aol.com

Digger
06-25-2002, 10:59 AM
so thats what Seadog stands for! I had no idea...

but then, I never was the brightest bulb on the porch.

or the sharpest tool in the shed :D

clayman
06-25-2002, 11:05 AM
SEADOGS, member #7? maybe 9? do we have numbers?
James

Laidback
06-25-2002, 11:26 AM
Hopefully I will be able to join the Dogs one day. What a suck a$$ thing to happen in the middle of summer.

Tango,

Like I said, my boat hopefully will ready when you are. I am filing a Lawsuit against the dealer and I have just concluded that it will be a long time till it settles.

ToonaFish
06-25-2002, 11:29 AM
Hey, you forgot the initiation rite... a ride in Last Tango without pushing the panic button...

Bunches,

Celene 'memberless'

Donzi Blackhawk
06-25-2002, 01:36 PM
Last Tango, Thanks for the information about your group. I have read some posts refering to seadog's but had no idea what it was. I would love to help put together an event in s.w. Florida and possibly design a t-shirt for the club.

Last Tango
06-25-2002, 01:56 PM
To all,
Read the Events section. We appear to be creating a midsummer event in Florida in Sarasota on July 21 even as we speak. Good time to get a sneak preview of the 2003 Donzi's and see some friends. I MIGHT be able to drive down if this new chest zipper is healed enough to please the Dr. by then. Pick a hotel for the rendezvous and let everybody know!

Toona,
Come to Florida and boat with me. You can push any of my buttons you like (I now also offer a "chest zipper" as an alternative to my buttons)!

Mark :cool: (Supreme SEADOG)

Forrest
06-25-2002, 02:05 PM
Donzi Blackhawk - you, your guests, and your Donzi should come up to Eufaula IV over the Labor Day weekend (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000091). There will be a bunch of SEADOGS in person up there.

harbormaster
06-26-2002, 04:53 PM
I will host you guy's site and even help with the development. at no charge.

MOP
06-26-2002, 08:06 PM
Where the Heck did scott come from He has to be the best! A BIG BRAVO TO SCOTT!!!!

Mark Albers
06-26-2002, 10:19 PM
Donzi Aficionados wink

Lets meet July 21
Its seems we could expand the Sea-Dog pound

I smell a group rate at the Cheetah Club

Mark 311 :cool:
Sarasota - - - W F O (close to the factory and far from a dream)

Last Tango
06-27-2002, 11:31 AM
Hey Gang!
I chatted with "Donzi Blackhawk" on the phone and he is all excited about doing this July 21st event in Sarasota. It would roughly include boating on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Monday begins the Dealers Meeting (new boats) at the same location as last year (Mariott). Bryant offerred to locate a suitable hotel - one with better parking than the Mariott, because it seems that place has a new condo in the side lot, thus no place to keep the boats overnight on the trailer, and no room in the water since Donzi will have all their new boats in the slips for the dealers. Monday would include a "drive by" in the basin to show off to the dealers. The Cheetah Club thing sounds like fun, plus the usual partying the other nights.
I plan to be there, although I will not be bringing the Last Tango (too soon to wrestle boats after my surgery). However I will drive down for the whole weekend. I can't imagine NOT doing this. Especially if it includes a sneak peek at the 2003 Donzi's (might be a good time to talk a dealer into ordering one for you, as well).
Anyway, I hope that Mark Albers and Bryant will work together to coordinate this event, and I hope everyone shows up. How much fun can we have?
Mark :cool: (Supreme Seadog)

Last Tango
06-27-2002, 11:36 AM
Since we seem to have gravitated from "let's start a club" to "oh, okay, already got one, so when are we getting together again", I suggest we end this thread here and move the topic of Sarasota to the Events and Gatherings Section. I will open a headline called SEADOG's in Sarasota July 21st and we can carry on from there. Also, Don't forget to sign up for the Eufaula event - another SEADOG Special Event!

Forrest
06-27-2002, 11:40 AM
Man, I would like to go, but as luck has it, we got roped into going another (not boating related) event in Orlando that's on the same day. :mad:

Donzi Blackhawk
06-28-2002, 08:33 PM
Scot, Thanks for the offer to host something for the seadog's. I will talk to Last Tango to see if it is something he would want to do. I would love to design a t-shirt, do the seadog's have a mascot? Let me know.

ToonaFish
06-28-2002, 09:30 PM
Oh, yes, the Seadog most befitting mascot status is the famed waterdog, the Poodle. A rugged, manly type canid, noted hunter and capable seaman. Just keep him away from the Winni Chickies...

http://www.donzi.net/photos/chowardduck.jpg

Last Tango
06-28-2002, 10:16 PM
ToonaFish!
You never cease to amaze and entertain! Wasn't that the shot taken at AOTH II when MadPoodle got caught with his hand in "the cookie jar" just before dinner?
I think this calls for a caption contest!!!!!!
Entries should be added below.

By the way, JKeefe and Brandon did some artwork last fall for the SEADOG logo for T-shirts and patches and stickers, etc. Jack, can you post that stuff here and let folks see? (Jack may not respond immediately as he and Brandon are in NC doing the ATV thing this week).

ToonaFish
07-02-2002, 09:37 AM
Public Service Announcement

As the Nation returns to a heightened alert status for possible terrorist attacks on the Fouth of July, I think it's vital that this photo be made public. Taken in an undisclosed location in South Florida, this professional aquatic cell comprises suicidal terrorists avowed to revenge the death of their comrade. Clearly, any Poodle in the area should prepare for possible ambush... locking doors, windows, and, most importantly, avoiding lakes, rivers and beaches for this holiday week, is highly advised.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/chowardfrenzy.jpg

Stromer
07-02-2002, 07:13 PM
OK - I know it has been a very long time since I have been on the page. I resigned my positon at Chris-Craft and am now very happy at Four Winns (We all can't work at Donzi).

Glad to see Scott has it still going strong.

I'm in on the Florida Club - lets roll with it. Let's meet in Sarasota!!!

Stromer
1972 18 2+3

Last Tango
07-02-2002, 09:42 PM
'Toona,
Are you really in Med school, or do you just make wise quacks?

GeneD
07-03-2002, 09:15 AM
Who all is going to the races this weekend?
I'll be there Thurs thru Sunday.
I need a ride on someone's boat, perferably FAST!

ToonaFish
07-03-2002, 12:43 PM
Tango, I'm simply a born and bred Florida quacker.

Hey, and it looks like there won't be a career for me as a dancer... seems they are looking for qualities that I don't possess. Wonder if the Americans With Disabilities Act would cover that?

Bunches,

Celene 'hmmh, new plan for buying Donzi?'

Last Tango
07-03-2002, 08:36 PM
Toona,
Well the dogs and the horses won't help, primarily because they EAT! Unless you are headed to New York for the Dog Show, or Kentucky for the Derby, ...
Have you tried building a for-profit website on astrology? I hear those are pretty popular right now. Fun part is making stuff up as you go. The readers will believe anything you say and you can remain totally anonymous(now THAT is power!) Don't try the Carribbean Queen thing, though. That one has had a few glitches lately.