PDA

View Full Version : Salt or Fresh water?

harbormaster
06-24-2002, 06:51 PM
Where do you primarily do you boating? Salt or Fresh water? (Brackish is the same as salt)

EricG
06-24-2002, 06:56 PM
I had a really tough time answering that question....since it is literally split 50-50 this year. I guess I'm fortunate to live within 10 minutes of both....

Good poll Scot!

EG

Forrest
06-25-2002, 01:31 PM
That's a tough call for me and the X lately, since I often launch the X-18 in salt water (Ochlocknee Bay/Gulf of Mexico) and then travel up to the spring-fed Ochlocknee River which at that point the water is totally fresh. I can go from sharks to alligators in about twenty minutes!!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-25-2002, 03:00 PM
Most hate the salt water boating results, as do I, but it is our backyard, upon return Salt Away the minute I pull in the drive, good stuff, fairly reasonably priced and I have had no problems related to salt water corrosion... but then again I have an hour in brakish water before the dock.
Bryan

harbormaster
06-25-2002, 10:01 PM
Bryan,

Salt Away??? Tell me more...

ThrillSeeker
06-25-2002, 11:22 PM
Idont realy like salt water it eats away at your toys. And I like my toys.

Formula Jr
06-26-2002, 12:30 AM
As Eric said, its impossible to say for alot of people. I'm at 50/50 this year and last year. Boats are things you use, so salt is never a deterient for me.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-26-2002, 04:57 AM
HarborMaster, salt away is a product designed to stop salt corrosion, it comes in a concentrate and an applicator which attaches to your hose.
Start engine with applicator on rinse, wait for Tstat to open, turn dial to soap and your blowing bubbles out your exhaust. It leaves a film on your internals.
Some say they use it once a month etc. I use it every time I flush. I also keep some in a hand held spray bottle for the engine exterior and engine compartment.

Got your email. I will get them lines out in the mail today.
Bryan

Digger
06-26-2002, 05:20 AM
...also a fan of saltaway, I use it every time I pull out of salt/brackish water. Scot, West or Boat US usually has the "kit" which includes a handy hose adapter with a spin-on cup that Bryan described above. Easy. I also usually use another cup to hose down the trailer as well-