PDA

View Full Version : warrranty wiring issue

flyguy51
08-21-2002, 04:04 PM
First I am new to this board please don't shoot me for being a little negative. I bought a 2000 ZF 35 Daytona used in January 2002 with 50 hrs on it. The previous owner had one of the tachs replaced before we picked it up. When we got the boat in the water finally in late February the tachs didn't work as well as the flowscan and GPS. We finally got The Boat Outlet in Fort Walton to fix it ( the were busy but did a great job). They were the second yard to look at it, but that's another horror story. The problem with the wiring was all factory defects, not done properly and caused the guages to malfunction. I had to spend $2700.00 that Donzi and Z-care say isn't covered, because I am not the original owner. Has anyone else had this type problem with z-care or Donzi warranty? When we bought the boat the warranty was a big selling point for us. I am just very dissappointed and needed to get this off my chest. I love the boat it runs and handles great. Thanks John

Magic Float
08-21-2002, 04:30 PM
For the 1st year all warranty is thru Donzi. The next 4 years are Z-care,Donzi has nothing to do with it then.Z-care is Passport,an independant extended warranty company taht is contracted by builders,Donzi,Formula, Cobalt and others. Warranty from them is transferrable(one time only) for $50.You should do this now.Passport is a good company to deal with as long as you understand the limits. Their manual tells you specifically what IS covered,not what is not covered. You wiring is not covered by Passport, it would have been by Donzi but only for the first year.The engine wiring harness is covered,apparantly that's not where yourproblem was,the gauges themselves are covered.Passport or Donzi should be able to get you a Passport book so you know where you stand on future problems.BTW I'm curious how dash electrical problems can cost $2700.Also if you blow an engine or lower unit in the next 2 or 3 years you will be glad you have Z-care.