PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Sickness....

Woodsy
06-24-2002, 01:01 PM
Found this in a medical journal...

Donzitis: A rare and almost certainly incurable mental disorder. This disorder causes the victim to uncontrollably purchase fast boats made by the manufacturer known as "Donzi". The symptoms of this dreaded psychological malady include, but are not limited to the following... The victims, babble on for hours about how their boat has a storied history, and they worship a relatively obscure offshore god named "Don Aronow". There are several lesser dieties they worship as well, a "Jim Wynne" and a "Walt Walters". These victims spend hours tirelessly researching thier boats history, purchasing almost anything related to or about "Donzi". They have been known to spend large quantities of money trying to get thier boat that ever elusive "just 5 mph faster". They are perfectionists, wanting everything down to the last nut & bolt "Perfect". They exhibit pack behavior, similar to that of wolves & hyenas, gathering with others afflicted with the same disorder. Although these people tend to apprear outwardly normal, they should be handled with extreme caution, lest they afflict you with the same dreaded disorder. The worst cases are outlined as follows...

Scott Pearson: He is most afflicted of the lot. It is his desire to own one of every type of "Original" Donzi ever made. His collection includes a 14' Donzi Baby, an 18 Barrelback (completely restored with an almost anal perfection), and a newly aquired 28 Sportsman. He is to be considered EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. Violence may occur if he is not succesful in his quest for a ultra-rare "Bench Seat Hornet". He has infected several people with his highly aggresive strain of "Donzitis".

George Desmond AKA Geoo: His quest for "just 5mph faster": knows no bounds. His 1972 X-18 has actually been documented going "Ludicrous Speed" and has been rumured to have actually gone "Plaid"!! His appearance of a normal guy with a wife & kid is just a cover... he is evil... his boat is evil... he is determined to go over 150mph with his small block chevy powered Donzi. The line in Vegas is 2:1 in his favor.

Chris Allard AKA CDMA: He is a protege of Pearson and Desmond. He exhibits the worst qualities of both. He collects Donzi's then tries to bring them up to "Ludicrous Speed". His collection includes a 14' Donzi Baby (Fishing, one of 9), a "stock" 350 powered 18 Classic and a 22 Classic with an Arneson Surface Drive. He is cleverly disguised as a mild mannered college kid, but make no mistake, this person is a criminal genius, capable of making people part with Donzi parts & paraphanelia at little or no cost to himself. Be very cautious when conversing with him. He has been known to stagger off at Donzi gatherings with a large bottle of wine.

Scott Van Alstine AKA Haabaahmastah: He was once a happy go lucky hacker employed NASA. Then he caught a bad case of Donzitis He started a website, that allows other victims of this psychosis converse with one another over the internet. His recent purchase of a Donzi 18 Classic, has caused the psychosis to progress so rapidly he is already attempting to rebuild it.

Steve Marr AKA Waleye: He is his own contradiction, mild mannered (ya right!) businessman during the week, founding member of the pack known as "Winni Bandits". A collection of serious alcoholics with a boating problem. This is most dangerous of the known packs of Donzitis. They have been know to invade other states and claim that territory as thier own, in the process breaking every liquor statute in that state, corrupting minors, and generally wreaking havoc even among those with Donzitis. Members of the Winni Bandits are to be avoided at all costs, and if you must, deal with them at your own risk.

Dr. Woodsy Von Freud
Donzi Psychiatrist
:D :D

Rootsy
06-24-2002, 01:06 PM
dude, you kill me...

ThrillSeeker
06-24-2002, 01:07 PM
sounds like a horible desies!!! lol. what are the symptoms? eek!

marcdups
06-24-2002, 01:24 PM
Woodsy, you crack me up :D :D :D

I miss my boat, but what a beautiful home it went to wink

Digger
06-24-2002, 01:38 PM
nicely done Woodsy! Excellent and perceptive description of the symptoms...

Ranman
06-24-2002, 01:56 PM
Bravo!!!! Or should I say Blackhawk!!!

harbormaster
06-24-2002, 02:46 PM
Slow Day at MIT?

HELLERBOY
06-24-2002, 03:48 PM
It's said that step one, is admitting one's problem. Which leads to rehab, which leads to recovery.WELL REHAB'S FOR QUITER'S I have "Donzitis" and dam proud. :D

BERTRAM BOY
06-24-2002, 04:32 PM
Ahhhh,
Woodsy... VERY funny.....
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

waleyetwo
06-24-2002, 05:05 PM
i think the rain is getting to him wink well done

CDMA
06-24-2002, 08:17 PM
Oh your just jealous Mr. Wood. :p

Chris

Still recovering from my ride in the fag 22 at KY. I guess a Donzi Psychiatrist would be expected to have a quiet boat. Oh man am I in trouble...

mattyboy
06-24-2002, 08:28 PM
LOL,
there are some sick people out there :D
and it ain't cureable and it's highly contagious!

gotta go take my meds( a boat ride and a beer afterwards) twice a day til I die!

Matt

Scott Pearson
06-24-2002, 08:52 PM
Dave,
That is some funny S**T...I'm still laughing....You made my day!

(NJ)Scott

Rootsy
06-24-2002, 09:00 PM
man i knew there was something wrong with me!!! it's been getting progressively worse for over 2 years now... least SOMEONE has identified the disorder!!! NOW... my mission is to destroy any cure! i am psychotic yes... eek!

watch out chris.. lord only knows what might happen to the little yellow barrelback at winni if you pick on the wrong person.. ya know after they feed you entirely toooo much wine... eek! hey that's a catchy nickname... wino eek! :D eek! ohhh haaaabamasta....

CDMA
06-24-2002, 09:31 PM
You better watch out too Mr. Root. I got your # now wink

ToonaFish
06-25-2002, 12:20 AM
Here are the Twelve Steps, which are suggested as a program of recovery for Donzitis.

1. We admitted we were powerless over Donzitis - that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that only more Horse Power could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our livelihoods over to the care of our Donzis as we understand them.

4. Made a searching and fearless inventory of our engine parts.

5. Admitted to Don Aronow, to ourselves, and to the Donzi.net the exact nature of our X-dimension.

6. Were entirely ready to have Scot Pearson remove all our defects of gel coat.

7. Humbly asked Don Aronow to remove our chine walk.

8. Made a list of all persons our boats had humbled, and became willing to give rides to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to take inventory of our Donzi paraphernalia and when we found duplicates promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and mechanical intervention to improve our Horse Power as we understand it, praying only for knowledge of Don Aronow's will for us and the RPM's to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual Awakening of the Horses as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to Donziholics, and to practice these principles whenever afloat.

CnV & Family
06-25-2002, 01:21 PM
If I'm not careful... I forsee my name in that list. eek!

Ranman, roadtrip, and Stix are all contributing to my Donzitis you know... :D wink :D

-C

Scott Pearson
06-25-2002, 08:38 PM
There might be another 14 Baby in the picture! Taking a trip this weekend to try and get a hold of it....will see!

(NJ)Scott

Formula Jr
06-25-2002, 08:56 PM
So we have to ride in bayliners and tell total strangers we are Donziholics and that 3 liter engines are fine and good?

I really Don't think so. :D

The disease is better than the cure.. eek!