PDA

View Full Version : International Donzi from Germany

boldts
07-19-2003, 05:12 PM
Thought you all might like to see some pictures of a 1969 Donzi 16' Ski Sporter that belongs to Ingo Harendt from Germany.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/IngoDonzi16.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/IngoDonzi162.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/IngoDonzi163.jpg

Rob M
07-19-2003, 08:21 PM
With that seat and rear vent it almost looks older than 1970.

oldLenny
07-19-2003, 08:25 PM
Other than the VERY LARGE windshield, I noticed the deck stripe stops at the beginning of it...

Nice boat!

Sagbay32
07-19-2003, 08:38 PM
Interesting rear section of trailer in first pic...prop guard.

Mike

Sagbay32
07-19-2003, 08:40 PM
Interesting rear section of trailer in first pic...prop guard.

Mike

Tony
07-19-2003, 11:01 PM
This windshield is giving windshields a bad name...I have never seen one this tall! What is on the transom, a bracket for a trolling motor? Also, no clamshell vents?

harbormaster
07-19-2003, 11:28 PM
I have been corresponding with Ingo for quite some time. I have purchased some trailer parts for him and am shipping them to Germany.

He is a real nice guy.

harbormaster
07-19-2003, 11:30 PM
I have been corresponding with Ingo for quite some time. I have purchased some trailer parts for him and am shipping them to Germany.

He is a real nice guy.

MOP
07-20-2003, 12:27 PM
It is in excellent condition, some of the things we are seeing may have been stuff offered to the European market back then. It looks like it may have a vent forward of the windshield. I had an old boat that had scoop vents on the bow with 4" blower hose running to the engine compartment.

Keep Em Coming Scot! I love seeing the stuff from other places. Just brought to mind the fellow from Brazil doing the resto on a 16, wonder how he is doing? Have you heard from him lately?

boldts
07-20-2003, 01:34 PM
MOP, no words from Brazil to me and to tell you the truth, Ingo's pictures came unexpectedly also. When anyone joins the Midwest Donzi Club, I ask them to send me a picture of their boat so I can link a picture to the boat's description. The writting in the e-mail was German, so I may have to take some foreign langauage classes. LOL

My first thought when I saw the boat was, do I have the right year for this boat? I went back and checked his registration form and the year is correct, but I too thought it looked older like one of the first 64s.

I think it's great that Scot VanAlstine has been able to help Ingo with the trailer needs. My thought on the longer rails on the trailer? Maybe he just needs a little more protection from the German luxuary sedans on the Autobon.

mop
07-20-2003, 02:01 PM
I saw those extentions on a guys bass boat said he did it to keep his out board from going through the garage. I think if you get from behind it is a disaster no matter what is back there.

Rick
07-22-2003, 08:14 AM
It's Germany... form follows function. As practical as a ski sporter can be. Great pics nice boat. Rick